4//I Break My Heart...

Your POV.

I wake up... in... in my own bed?

"I'm in my own bed!! I'm home!!" I just about cried for joy-

"... No, this is a nasty trick, isn't it? Well, gotta check my door and see if it's my living room..."

I get up from my bed, and can actually stand! Oh, God, I'm gonna scream with joy!!

"No cold floor, just a nice rug- okay, cold floor. No worries... yet..."

I walk to my door and take a deep breath in, and out, and open.

"MY LIVING ROOM!! YES!! YES, YES, YES!!!"

I dance with joy, oh my God!! I'm home!! I'm home, I'm home!! I run around, touching everything and every surface, thankful that I'm in a safe place. Oooh, I feel the waterworks happening, but I don't care!! I'm safe and away from that rat!!

Ahhh~! I gotta see if Mark uploaded something!

Checking, checking... Huh?

What the

What the...?I tap on the first video, interested as to why it was uploaded only a day ago and has 213 views.

It's Mark. He's in the red robe from 'Who Killed Markiplier'. Is he reviving that series again? No, I thought he explained everything already, what's going on?

"Hello. It's me, Mark. Welcome to the video." He grins. Okay... a little weird beginning, but it's Mark; he's always a little goofy. He slicks his already fixed hair back. "Did you enjoy your time with me?"

I notice the video is paused, but Mark is obviously talking, and the time is stuck on... well, -:--... is he... waiting for me to reply?

Out of curiosity, I reply. "I did, Mark. Of course I do! You're amazing."

Mark smiles. He was waiting, and that's... horrifying, actually.

"I'm glad to hear. I picked you for a reason, anyway."

"What?" I tilted my head.

He chuckles as he takes off his robe, showing-... a nice black suit. No, wait, it has a tint of red to it. Well, whatever it may be, I'm kinda glad he didn't flash me in this moment.

"Well, (Y/N)," Mark walks closer to the screen, smiling and keeping his eyes on me. I wanted to flip the phone around and not listen or see, but... I'm too invested in whatever the hell Mark was doing... is this even Mark any more? "I like you. There's something special about you. You put up a good fight with me, and I adored that. But, recently..." He looks down, and looks back... his eyes.

"You can move someone with such emotion..." Marks-... Darks... smile fades into a frown. "... and that someone is me. My dear sweetheart, I am sorry. I didn't understand how horribly I treated you, and that day when you told me how you have practically given up... I understand now."

Dark turns around for a moment and inhales... then exhales. His breath was shaky... was he about to cry?

"I'm sorry, (Y/N), you shouldn't see me shed a tear. My dear, please give this cold-hearted demon another chance with you."

Dark glows a faint red and blue, kind of like a glitch. He also... my God, he's crying. He wipes his tears away with his sleeve, and looks back at the camera, still trying to be professional. The video still shows -:--, so he's waiting for a reply.

"I... I don't know..."

How can I give him another chance after he beat me and starved me?

"Can you take a look at the other video at least?" His eyes showed how much pain, how much he was sad, and how much worry he had.

I nod, curious about the video anyway, and he smiles.

"Thank you."

Dark steps out of view, and the video ends. I swipe back and tap on the 2nd video. 697 views. I wonder what other people saw? Usually (Fr/N) would text me and tell me. Maybe she didn't see anything? I'll ask her later.

The video starts out with Mark and his set up. "Hellooo everybody, my name is Markiplier!" Normal, that's good.

"I have a confession to make." Okay, sort of not normal... "I've seen Wattpad. I've seen those stories." Oh my GOD. MARK, NO??!

"I gotta say, some of you are... creative," He winks at the camera. "But others... wow. Like, wow, in a good way. Wow, as in, if it were a real book that I can read, I'd read it a lot. You make me so sexy, too!"

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

"That's all the time I have for now. I will see you, in the next video. Bye-bye!" He waves, his face bright and smiling, then it suddenly cuts out. Mark taps on the screen - er, lense, on his side.

"Hello? Did everyone leave? Cool, good... this might be a little random, but..." He looks over his shoulder. "(Y/N), stay in the house for a day. Trust me. (Fr/N) is going to come by and knock. Ignore the door. This is the best I can do for you. Please stay safe."

The video ends, and I felt all the blood drain from my face. How does Mark know this? Why does he know this? What's so bad about (Fr/N) coming over? I had a bunch of questions. The video seemed so normal, too!!

I sigh. I guess the obvious weird title text on both videos indicated something was wrong, so what else should I have expected? It's 10pm, I'm obviously tired, so I yawn... get up, close and lock my bedroom door, and check the windows.

"Dark..." I whisper as I go around, locking them all. "This isn't to keep you out. It's to keep (Fr/N) out. Or, whatever it is out there after me. I'm still thinking about forgiving you..." I get back in bed and charge my phone. "I just want you to know; I'm leaning towards the forgiven side. Thank you and Mark for uh... watching out for me. Goodnight."

I snuggle up in my bed, and easily doze off...

I hear a shuffle, and then a soft voice.

"I will protect you, (Y/N). Goodnight."

1026 words.