CHAPTER 31

Roxana's POV

"This is so wierd, i feel people glances everywhere. Wherever i go i hear whispers and strange looks, looks that are much different than the usual angry look ive been experiencing since our live fake fight." Margaux complained while hugging her knees.

I rolled my eyes playfully and kept braiding her hair. "Don't mind them. I added protection under you plus it seems to me that Adrastus, the Royal Swordsmith is also keeping an eye to you as per Hephaestion's request. You'll be fine."

"Yeah but I'm still curious. What rumour did you tell anyways? I can't seem to get atleast small glimpse of it since people move away when i walk by." She said, taking the hand mirror to look at me through it.

"Well the first rumor is.."

"There is more than one?" She was shocked and tried to turn around to look at me. I held her hair still making her squeal in pain.

"Hey!"

"Keep still would you, my braids would turn up bad if you keep moving." I scolded her and moved her head down so that i could pull her hair from the bottom to up.

"Fine fine, now if it pleases her magesty. She might as well tell me the rumours that has been lurking around the palace grounds for days." Margaux said sarcastically that i almost laughed.

"Mm-hmm. The first rumor i sent is about Parysatis secretly seducing Alexander behind my back. The second one i sent is a rumour in which she made Hephaestion as her back up lover. The third one.."

"There is a third one?" Margaux asked in shock. Honestly this girl, by now she should and must know how i normally react. I freaking do these things regularly and yet she is still surprised.

"Yes Sweetheart there is, now the third one is the rumour I made to clear your name." I said as i clip one part of her hair to the side to focus on the half to bottom hair.

"And its?" Margaux asked excitedly.

"Well my trusted aid sent the rumour where Parysatis set us up to fight and we only figured it out just by now. Something like that. She also added that we're already back to friends which is the reason of the gush around the palace. Half of people believe half don't. Same goes for the townspeople." I explained.

Margaux bit her lip and slowly nodded. "Okay in short we delayed telling the truth?" She said sarcastically.

"No i set us up into a position where we are a few steps above our enemies. Both to Parysatis and the Devil sisters." I said still fixing her hair.

"How?" Margaux asked making me raise my brows.

"Oh my, i can't believe i see my face in you but you're so dense. You sometimes make me feel stupid do you know that?" I chuckled.

"Bla bla bla, just tell me. My mind got no time to process." She rolled her eyes and played with the mirror in her hand.

"During our whole fight. I managed to gather who are the people loyal to me and people that are under Parysatis. Shockingly half of my maids are under Parysatis's wings. But then half of that half are only working for her because they are also into Hephaestion and Alexander, so looks like we've got more problems than three." I explained.

"Atleast they are just minor problems. Let's just focus on the three headed dog of Hades. They are the ones we should be careful about. Anyways, how about the other half?"

"They didn't believe in the rumours or  the fights even though they are witnessing it upfront. Most of them are actually the loyal maids i had since i wad a kid. They know far better when it comes to my anger. When I'm angry i don't attack, okay scratch that, i attack but only by slap in the face then plan an evil scheme in which i will make others do my dirty work. I feel like they found it amusing for me to fight so they never talked about it. Plus if they will i think they are aware that it'll have consequences to my plan that is why they didn't move a single bit." I explained as i think of countless possibilities on my mind.