'Scoob.' Ellis pointed.

'Do we have to? Why don't we watch something else.' Meredith tried to bargain.

I laughed 'I think Ellis has spoken, it's scooby Mer.'

'Fine.' She fake pouted. Once she turned the TV on she made a plate for Ellis and handed it to her before making herself a plate.

Around 30 minutes had passed and Ellis was knocked out cold. She was cuddled into her mum, her nose resting in mers neck.

'I'm going to take her up wont be a minute.'

Meredith's POV:

TW: Mention of Abuse/Violence

After setting Ellis down I went back downstairs to see Derek. He was sat on the couch wearing this gorgeous dark blue sweater and some jeans. 'If in doubt go with blue it brings out your eyes' I thought to myself.

I plopped myself on the couch next to him. 'So she's asleep and it's still early which is a surprise normally she wont go to sleep.' I chuckled lightly then moving myself to grab the leftover pizza into the kitchen which then made Derek follow.

'So thanks for having me over I honestly enjoyed watching how interested Ellis was in a cartoon. I could never look that focused.'

'Yeah well you should see her when Alex and her watch baseball she's focused as well as jumping up and screaming with Alex.' I laughed remembering the last game we watched together.

'Baseball fan huh?'

'Well she's only little so not sure if I would consider her a fan just yet but she likes playing the more safe kids version. If you remember that lovely talk with Mrs Kingsley the other day you would have heard she has a mini baseball game at school with a soft ball obviously.'

'Well I don't blame her for being interested, you know I play a little baseball here and there.'

'You do ?' My voice came across a little shocked.

'Yeah. Why? Don't I look the type?' He flashed a grin. I turned to put the leftovers in the fridge.

'Well I don't play, I cant play Alex would say I am awful so I might need you to teach me if I'm going to beat him and El.

'I'll happily teach you. I'm a great teacher you know.' He said moving closer to me.

'I bet you are.' I smiled. 'You know I hardly know anything about you and now that we are alone, it would be a perfect time to share.'

'What do you wanna know?' he stood next to me leaning on the counter.

'I don't know, anything' I threw my hands up and took my cardigan off leaving me in a string top.

'Hmm well. My mother's maiden name, Maloney. I have four sisters. I have, uh, nine nieces. Five nephews. I like coffee ice-cream, single-malt scotch, occasionally a good cigar. I like to fly-fish. And I cheat when I do the crossword puzzle on Sunday. And I never dance in public. Umm.. Favourite novel, The Sun Also Rises. Favourite band, The Clash. Favourite colour is blue. I don't like light blue, indigo. This scar right here on my forehead,' I pointed to the scar. 'That's why I don't ride motorcycles anymore. Tell me something about you.'

He just told me so much I'm scared if I told him anything he would run off. But on another note his favourite band is the Clash seriously?

'Ummm are you sure you want to know I'll probably scare you off.'

'You wont scare me off come on tell me something.'

'I don't have any siblings that I know off I could have a sister somewhere. Favourite flower probably lavender, drink would be tequila .. but you know that from the grocery store. My trip to Europe involved me dancing in a lot of bars so I dance in public. Favourite band , The Go-go's. I love strawberry ice-cream.' I turned away from Derek for a moment facing the sink trying to think of something else. 'Umm..'