Chapter 28: Last Minute

"Do you need more water or anything," Leo asked me the following day on set.

"No, I'm fine," I giggled, my face turning a bit red as I glanced over at the crew members. Leo had been checking on me all morning, and the attention made me a blushing mess.

"Are you sure? They just brought in some fresh fruit. They have strawberries, pineapple, blueberries, kiwi..."

"Leo, seriously, I'm fine." I lowered my voice so one one would overhear before speaking again. "Even if I did end up getting pregnant last night we won't know for awhile, and I shouldn't get symptoms this fast."

"I just want to make sure you're okay. I mean, you could be."

"You're so sweet." I kissed his lips tenderly as he smiled some. "Did you get protection for the rest of the trip?"

"Yeah, I got a box of condoms this morning. Were we crazy for not taking precautions last night?"

"Yeah, but I already feel married to you, so as long as the baby bump doesn't show at our wedding I'm happy."

"You would be beautiful even if it did show, and that just means our baby would be at our wedding too."

I giggled as I ducked my head, chewing on my lower lip. "I'm not sure if my family would approve of that, but... I guess what happens happens, right?"

He kissed me gently as the director called for everyone's attention. He wanted to go over some last minute information, Leo leading me over to the crowd by the hand. After the meeting was over, I got in a few more words with Leo before he had to get to work.

"Just pretend like I'm not pregnant, okay? I don't want to be focusing on that all the time. We'll know soon."

"Okay. I love you so much," he breathed, cupping my face to kiss me deeply before running to the set.

Once again I was in love with how he portrayed King Louis with such confidence, the day seeming to fly by with how great everyone's performances were.

"I think I have to act for the character, Philippe in the next couple of weeks," Leo told me as we relaxed in our hotel room that evening. I was straddling his waist as I lied against him while he sat up just like we had done at home before. It had started to become our thing, and it was one of the most relaxing positions I shared with him. We weren't even thinking about making love at the moment, just enjoying each other's closeness.

"Hm... I think I'll miss you being King Louis."

"You have such an obsession with that. Should I be concerned?" He raised his eyebrow as I giggled, shaking my head.

"No, I wouldn't have the obsession if you didn't play the part. It's too bad we can't just get married while we're here. I mean, we could, but none of our family or friends would be here."

"I could fly out my mom and Tobey, and Kate if that's okay with you."

"My parents wouldn't want to travel out of the blue like this. I mean, they're busy with their jobs."

"We could at least ask."

"And when I start showing after they won't question why it was so sudden," I sarcastically said.

"Like you said, it might not happen. I feel like I shouldn't be so disappointed by that though."

"I think it makes sense. We've been together for so long, we don't need that honeymoon phase as much as other couples. We're ready to take on harder things together."

"Yeah... Would you want to have a boy or a girl?"

"That's a tough question, because obviously a girl, but then I think about how cute a little you would be, and then I want to pick boy."