Chapter 23: I Love You for This

Originally Published: May 31, 2022

I woke up the next morning shortly after the alarm went off, biting my lower lip when I saw Leo still fast asleep. I carefully moved from his hold on me, swinging my legs over the bed before getting up. I then tip toed to the large bag he brought from Disney World, my curiosity spiking.

"Everly... Are you trying to peek," Leo groaned, since he had just woken up. I heard rustling of sheets as he turned over.

"Maybe...," I guiltily replied, him switching on a lamp as I gave him my best smile.

"I swear, I'll tell you what I got soon."

"Can't you tell me at least one thing that's in there? I mean, I can't imagine it just being one big thing."

He released a sigh through his nose as he pressed his lips together, sitting up as he gave me a closed mouth smile. "Alright." He shuffled over before carefully digging around in the blue bag with the famous Disney castle on it.

"I got this," he yawned, holding up a t-shirt. It was basically the classic Walt Disney Pictures logo of the castle for cartoon animated movies.

"Leo... Whatever's in there is really heavy. How much did you get? That shirt barely weighs anything."

"You're so impatient, Everly. I have to go get ready now, okay? You can join me in the bathroom or whatever, but if you stay out here, then no more peeking."

"Okay," I pouted, crossing my arms before finding my outfit to put on. After adjusting my purple handkerchief halter top with intricate circle designs, and my dark pair of boot-cut jeans, I was fighting with getting my new Ariel wig on. Eventually I had it pinned in place just right, frowning at myself in the mirror as I blew the side bangs up just like Ariel in the movie.

"Hey, do you want any snacks before we g-" Leo was already talking funny as he brushed his teeth, stopping mid sentence when he stepped out and saw me.

"Do I really look that bad? I never thought red hair would suit me."

"Give me a minute," he mumbled, hurrying off to finish, spit, and rinse. He then came back in, kissing me suddenly as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I giggled when he parted, avoiding his blue eyes that were intently searching for mine. "You look hot, Everly."

"I do? I thought I looked pretty stupid."

"No... Do you think I would have had my toothbrush hanging from my mouth if I was lying?"

"So, are you saying you like me better in red hair than blonde?"

"No, it's just different, but I really like it."

"You like it better," I stated, grinning before kissing him softly.

"No... I still need to see you in your natural hair. You've never went without dying it."

"Then I need to see you in yours."

"What? That chestnut brown color?" He made a face as I nodded, pecking his lips again.

"Yeah, and I bet it would look great on you. Your hair looks great when you're out of the shower or the rain, and it looks brown then."

A small smile was twitching at the corner of his lips as he failed at hiding it. "Speaking of showers... I really enjoyed standing outside yours last night."

"Yeah, I figured you did," I teased.

"I'm glad you didn't fall asleep or anything. You kept swaying after you came out of the bathroom."

"Yeah, it was kind of scary being that tired. I felt like I could fall asleep while standing."

"You almost did. I was glad I was there to protect you," he admitted, cutely nuzzling his nose in the crook of my neck as he hugged me.

Soon we were on set and I felt nervous when Diane and Meryl instantly noticed my new hair. They were gushing over it and asking questions about it as we had small conversations. Even Robert De Niro did his classic, "It's good," in response to it. Some of the crew workers gave me compliments as well, and I couldn't be happier as I watched Leo do a few scenes at the doctor's office.

After the long day Leo and I decided to order pizza up to our room, just sitting on the bed together while we waited.

"So, what did you order for dessert," I wondered.

"I got a chocolate cake with fudge icing. I thought you might like that."

"I miss cooking together back at home." I jokingly tapped his nose, him scrunching his face up a bit.

Suddenly the doorbell rang, so Leo hopped up to get our pizza, giving the guy a generous tip too. He came back and plopped down beside me, making the mattress bounce a little.

"Hi," I quietly greeted.

"Hi," he softly greeted back. "You want the first slice?"

"Sure. Did they bring the sodas too?"

"Yeah, they're all right here." He handed me a bottle of Coke as he took the Mountain Dew.

"Hey, you want one of the things from the huge bag," he asked after a few moments.

"Huh? I thought you only got stuff for yourself. That was the whole point, wasn't it?"

"Everly, I couldn't really find anything I wanted for myself, except that shirt. I did get what I wanted, but it was what I wanted to give you. I wasn't planning on starting this now, but I'm gradually going to give you your presents."

"What's the first one," I curiously wondered as he searched the items.

After he retrieved it, he hid the object behind his back, slowly coming over to me, since I was on my side of the bed. "I think you'll like it." He was almost smirking as he gave me a bundle of dark blue tissue paper. I started unwrapping it, my mouth hanging open as I gasped.

"Leo... No... This must have been so expensive." I looked up at him with misty eyes as he kept biting his lip into a smile.

He sat beside me as I held the Alice in Wonderland snow globe in my hands of her falling down the hour glass. "Don't worry about it. I wanted to get it for you." He rested his chin on my shoulder as I leaned my head against his.

"You are the sweetest boyfriend in the world. I love you for this."

He brought my hand up to his lips to kiss the back of it after I put the globe onto the bedside table.

"Thank you. I can't remember if I said, 'thank you,' yet," I slightly laughed, the happy tears still swimming in my eyes.

"You're welcome," he huskily said, kissing my cheek.

"So, we should probably eat the pizza before it gets cold."

"Yeah," he agreed, bouncing over to his side of the mattress.

As we ate our supper while watching the movie, Mrs. Doubtfire, I couldn't help but feel such joy and contentment. Once our tummies were full, I leaned against Leo's side, him wrapping his arm around me as we eventually fell asleep together like that.

A/N: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please remember to comment, vote, and follow. Thank you so much! <3