All Those Little Things

Start from the beginning

Leo tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ears, suddenly blushing harder than before. Tom shifted his gaze towards her, waiting for her to continue.

If you
Are too good to be true
And would it be alright if I
Pulled you closer
How could I know
One day I'd wake up feeling more
But I had already reached the shore
Guess we were ships in the night
Night, night

Her singing decreased to a soft hum. Tom unconsciously stepped closer to her, making her glance up at him. She offered him the softest smile and he knew that Leo had become the most, if not only, important person in his life and there was no going back.

Leo was fast to get flustered again. She turned away and scratched her head awkwardly. Tom sighed and looked up at the sky. There were no stars. Only heavy clouds and the moon barely peeking through them. But he didn't mind that either.

"Don't ask me to do that again. It's kind of unusual for you," Leo awkwardly pointed out.

Tom pursed his lips. Perhaps he did act a bit out of character. Was it not right for him to ask something like that? Did he make her feel uncomfortable?

He quickly took a short glance at the girl who was now playing with a ladybug. She didn't look bothered by Tom. But one can never know what was going on inside Leo's head.

Tom didn't even know why he was thinking so much about it. He forced the train of thoughts away and decided to talk about more important topics.

"With whom are you planning to go to Hogsmeade?" Tom asked.

Leo didn't face him. She released the tiny ladybug and stared down at her shoes.

"I'm not quite sure if I want to go. I would rather stay back."

Tom nodded, "Come with me, then."

"I'm sorry, what?" Leo stuttered out.

Tom tried to read her expression but could only see confusion in her eyes. He leaned a bit closer, trying to hold her gaze and smirked.

"It is about time that you join me in my quest, Leo. Clearly, your existence matters to me."

Leo opened and closed her mouth like a fish. She blinked a couple of times before regarding Tom with a disappointed look. He was rather expecting her to smile and hug him and thank him for offering such a great opportunity. Instead, her reaction was quite the opposite.

She placed both of her palms against his cheeks and squeezed until he looked like puffer fish, "Tom, when will you grow out of your super villain syndrome?!"

"Whot?" Tom mumbled.

Leo let go of his face with a frustrated sigh before taking a few steps back, "All this idea about Horcrux and immortality- don't you think that it's a bit counterproductive?"

"What are you talking about?" Tom couldn't help but feel a bit offended.

Leo threw her hands up in the air, "Come on! You should've done the maths by now."

The girl paced back and forth between the two pillars. Her hands were gripping the hem of her skirt and she looked like she just had a heated debate with an elf about how much sugar to put in the cake.

She looked furious.

"Listen, Tom," she stopped right in front of him, "I am going to explain this little theory of mine that may or may not become true in the future. You ready?"

He wasn't ready. He was far from it. Gaining immortality was his life's work. He had to sacrifice a lot to finally find a way which would work. He wanted to become the most powerful wizard of all time. He wanted to be worshipped through generations of pure bloods.