Haircuts

Emma walked into the lounge of the home she shared with her husband. Her and Y/N had met years earlier, just after the last Harry Potter film released, and they had been together since. 

They shared the ups and downs, the good and the bad. They had been married for six years, they had two beautiful children together. They had buried and mourned parents together.

Their relationship was happy, strong- built on a foundation of friendship, love, trust and mind blowing great sex. Emma thought nothing could rock the foundations of their relationship.

Nothing until this.

The pandemic had been hard for everyone. Their family was blessed, owing to their careers and the wealth they had accumulated, they could endure the lockdown comfortably. But one thing had built. It started small but gained momentum- pushing a wedge further and further. Getting under Emma's skin.

Y/N needed a damn haircut.

He had always kept his hair short. She loved it. She loved running her hands through it, messing it up with her fingers, how it fell naturally back into a messy-hot position.

That was until the lockdown. There were no haircuts, no anything except the absolute essential reasons to leave the house.

They had been out of the prolonged lockdown for two months now and despite her incessant nagging and threats to withhold sex Y/N still hadn't gone for a haircut. It frustrated their five year old daughter Lilly as well. She joined her mummy's side and told her daddy off frequently about his long hair, he just laughed.

Emma saw her opportunity today. Y/N had been watching the game on tv and fallen asleep, Emma signalled to her daughter.

"Shh Lilly. Let's go get the scissors!"

Lilly looked at her sleeping father and her eyes lit up devilishly.

"Ok mummy!" She whispered.

They had spent the next half an hour carefully cutting Y/N's hair short. Emma behind him cutting, Lilly sat in front on the floor warning her mum when her dad started to stir. They had finally finished and cleaned up the hair- now sitting on a recliner and switching loudly to one of Lilly's favourite cartoons, waking Y/N from his slumber.

He opened his eyes at the loud tv confused before stretching and yawning. He smiled at his two girls.

"Hey my beautiful ladies! Is Jimmy having a nap?"

"Yes" Emma smiled. "He's being a little lazy bones like his Daddy!"

Y/N chuckled before asking his wife.

"What time is it baby?"

"Nearly four!" Emma answered sweetly, smiling at her husband.

Y/N smiled back as he stood.

"How bout I make dinner to make it up to you?"

Emma smiled and nodded.

"Pseghetti?" Lilly asked excited. It was her favourite. She loved her Daddy's home made sauce. She didn't realise how many grated vegetables he hid in it.

"If you like babydoll!" Y/N smiled at his daughter leaning down to give both his girls a kiss.

He exited the room hearing the pair giggle behind him, as he walked to the bathroom- splashing water on his face before looking in the mirror while he dried it.

"What the f..."

Emma and Lilly heard his shocked yell from the bathroom and looked at each other.

"Uh oh!" Lilly giggled to her mum.

Y/N walked round the corner and glared at his two girls before he heard Emma whisper

"In 3...2...1... "We love you Daddy!"

The mum and daughter spoke cutely in unison. Y/N's glare softened and he chuckled.

"Could've just asked you know!"

Emma's mouth dropped open. He did not just say that! She had asked him for months!

He chuckled again, gaining a mischievous grin as he walked over and kissed both his princesses.

"I was booked in for a haircut in two days- but now. Now I need to get a crew cut!"

A/N: First time I've written a one-shot. Let me know what you think and if it's worth persisting with. Hopefully you enjoyed.