Season 5 - Episode 8: Dinner Night

"Happy Pride!"

Captain Holt and Rosa looked to Jayden and smiled at him. "Happy Pride, Jayden." Holt greeted him back, making Jayden smile back at him.

Pride Month is a very special time for the Nine-Nine. Rosa, Captain Holt and other officers get a special amount of appreciation and love during this month as they are apart of the beautiful LGBTQIA+ community. Even though Rosa and Holt don't seem like they want the appreciation, they secretly love it.

You have been waiting for this June for a little while now. After some time of reflecting and mentally preparing, you've been getting ready to come out to your family as Pansexual. Jayden and Jake have been supportive the whole time and you are beyond thankful for them.

As June was near, you were extremely nervous. The overthinking began to settle in. But now that it was already June, you were a nervous wreck.

You weren't exactly sure on how you should come out to the Nine-Nine and your closest family. So you decided to do it during one of the weekly dinner nights the Nine-Nine has. You and Jayden were hosting it at your place. So, as you were hosting this party, you had to make sure that everything was perfect during this event.

And as you were a Santiago, your stress on making this night perfect was over the top.
——————
Right now, you and Jayden are preparing for the movie/dinner night at your apartment. You were currently preparing the living room.

"God, I'm so nervous.." You said in a panic, running your hands through your hair. Jayden looked to you from the kitchen as he heard you and immediately rushed over to you. "Hey, Hey, Hey.. It's gonna be ok!" He said to you reassuringly, taking your hands into his.

You looked to him and shook your head frantically as tears formed in your eyes. "But I want this to be perfect, Jayden! I'm coming out tonight and I want the environment to be as perfect as possible. Plus, my dad grandparents are coming!" You responded to him as you glanced around the room.

Jayden shook his head as he placed his hand on your cheek, making you look to him. "Y/N, trust me, everything is going to be fine." He reassured to you softly. You stared into his eyes, still full of doubt. He sighed and tucked some loose hair strands behind your ear before making his lips meet with yours.

You both stayed in the moment for a little bit before you both pulled away slowly.

"Everything's gonna be ok.."
——————
"Oh my goodness, the food is amazing!"

You and Jayden smiled at Charles, "We're glad you like it." You responded. Charles nodded excitedly, "Of course! You both are natural chefs." He complimented as everyone at the table, including your dad and grandparents nodded in agreement. You and Jayden looked to each other and smiled before you continued eating.

After a little while of chatting and eating you finally thought you were ready to announce your news to everyone. You looked to Jayden next to you and saw him nod encouragingly. "You got this." He whispered to you with a gentle smile, making you smile back at him.

You then sighed and tapped on your wine glass a couple of times, making everyone silence turn to you as you created the ringing sound.

"I have an announcement." You spoke to everyone. You glanced to Jayden nervously. He smiled softly at you before taking your hand and nodding at you encouragingly. You smiled slightly and nervously at him before looking to everyone else. You glanced to Jake who gave you a small smile and a nod.

"For a little while, I've been wanting to tell you all about this. Before, I was nervous and I was scared about how you were all going to react." You said as you looked at everyone's faces, "But now, I think.. I think I'm ready." You sighed with a small smile.