three.

After he says that, my head comes down from the clouds and I remember the real situation that we are here for. He works for Brenner, maybe not happily, but he does. He is paid by him, coached by him, involved with him, and is on his side. My knee starts bouncing nervously as I brace for the questions. His soft eyes stop looking me in the face and fall to my knee and gently places his hand on it, stopping the shaking. "You don't have to be nervous around me, Y/N. We are only going as far into your story and situation as you are comfortable with. I am here to understand and listen, but you are in control." He is looking me in the eyes once again, and he has a caring half-smile on his beautiful face. I take a deep breath in and ease my feet steadily on the ground. I look him straight in the eyes and begin. "I hate Brenner. He is not my 'papa' and I will not call him that. I am telling you this so you understand why I am not so open to him. He destroyed me and never gave me a chance. I am not ashamed of what I am or my past, so let's get started." His eyes are calm and he nods firmly, not speaking, waiting for me to keep going; so I do.

 "I was born in an average house in an average family with secrets and problems and loss. At the age of 10, I started noticing weird things happening around me, and the strange and powerful urge to make people feel certain emotions about me based on the situations I was in. When I started giving in, it was successful. People would empathize and understand me better, but my nose would bleed whenever I did this. When I wanted to, I could think of people and make them see through my eyes or taste what I tasted, make them feel how I felt. I could mirror my emotions, my senses, and my thoughts onto others. I did not and still do not understand how it came to be, how I gained this, or why it happens." I paused and saw him writing down notes. He raises his head, noticing that I stopped talking. "Sorry," he says, "I don't want to lose any of this." He smiles at me, and I continue. "I did what any other person would do. I kept it to myself, I never told a soul. I used it to my advantage, to make people like me or understand me, to make them see the real me." He opens his mouth, then closes it. I say, "You can ask questions, it's okay. I know this is all a lot at once." He nods and says, "I was just wondering how it works. Can you make them feel any way about you and lie to them about your intentions?" I clarify, "No, I can only make people see the truth. I can't overwhelm people's emotions and minds with lies and exaggerations." His mouth opens the slightest bit, and I can tell he is thinking. "Henry?" I ask. His mouth closes, taking control of his expression. "What?" "Would you like me to show you?" I ask. He doesn't hesitate for a second, "Yes."

(AUTHOR'S NOTE!!!!! - Hi friends! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I am so excited for you all to see how Henry reacts to y/n's powers!!!! I think he is going to be very impressed. But hey? What do I know? ;) LOTS OF LOVE!!!! -citrinevinyl)