Have You Seen My Childhood?

Depuis le début

He walked around and Soda was not still in the bedroom. Johnny went to the nursery and Soda was changing Lemon. Lemon was making happy noises and Soda looked happy. Cooing down at his son and tickling him to make him squeal. They were so happy. Johnny didn't realize how long he was staring until Soda suddenly looked at the door. He saw Johnny there, Soda frowned.

Soda wasn't sad that he saw Johnny, he was sad from how he acted before he left the house. That shouldn't have happened. Soda had no idea where all of that built up anger came from. It was a mistake and Soda hoped he could make it up to his husband. Johnny quickly left the room, going to the bathroom. He left the tests on the sink and took care of the bag. Johnny didn't want to be in anyone's way, so he went to his office to sort of hide. Sodapop put their baby in a playpen. He would be okay for a few moments. Soda frowned more when he saw the tests on the bathroom sink, he felt like such an ass.

Sodapop shut the door to the bathroom and went with it. He really did need to make sure...

Johnny heard the door shut and he went to attend his son. He picked him up and went to the living room to spend time with him. Lemon shouldn't be left alone when he was awake. Johnny laid Lemon on his chest for comfort. Some more time went by and he heard Sodapop exit the bathroom. The results were in. Johnny was still scared of Soda... He held onto his baby, Soda couldn't yell at him if he had the baby.

"Johnny, Sweetie...?" Soda said softly. Johnny didn't move. He didn't want to look.

"Yeah?" He said simply.

"They're all negative... I'll get the thermometer to see if I have a fever. I might just have the flu." Soda said. He really put himself in a bad place here. He walked away after that, they would have a conversation afterwards. If Sodapop did have the flu, he would need to stay away from the baby. The flu could be deadly for an infant.

Johnny kissed the top of Lemon's head. Lemon was his safe haven. He put Lemon on a tummy time mat in the living room. He sat down on the floor with him, watching him put his head up and build up his strength. Soda came back, "It's 101 fever... I think I just have the flu. I must have gotten it from work." Soda said. He felt so terrible, he basically accused his husband of sexually assaulting him. (In the sense of if Johnny lied about not having a condom on, Soda didn't consent to that kind of sex.)

"You should go lay down. I don't want you to get more sick, so rest up. I'll bring you some medicine and food if you're up for it." Johnny said. He gently petted the baby's head. Soda felt even more guilty than before. All that shit happened and Johnny was still looking out for him. Soda stomped on him and Johnny basically said thank you for it.

"Okay... I would appreciate some medicine. I'll hold off on the food. Thank you, lovely." Soda said softly. He waved goodbye to the baby and went to bed. He snuggled up and sighed, could this get any weirder?

...

It was later that night and the baby was asleep. The parents were supposed to be asleep, but instead they were having another talk. Johnny didn't want to cause problems, so he stayed quiet and submissive.

"Can we talk about what happened?" Soda asked. Johnny nodded. "I'm sorry about all the shit I said. I was stressed and ill, and I shouldn't have let myself burst on you. I'm sorry. Really sorry. I'll do anything to make it up to you." Soda said. He gently placed his hand on the side of Johnny's face. He gave his lover a very weak smile.

Johnny didn't want to be rude, but he was tense and not ready to be touched right now. He had a lot of trauma weighing on him. Touch right now just made him want to hide and cry more. Johnny simply nodded again in response.

"Please say something..." Soda said.

"I-it's okay." He said. Johnny had Soda remove his hand from his face.

"Maybe we could make up physically?" Soda said. He was so used to people wanting his body or idolizing it, so it was what Johnny wanted, wasn't it? Not with Johnny, he wasn't driven in that way. Hr thought maybe to patch up their physical strain, was to be physical.

"No- I mean, no thank you. I-I don't think now is a good time." Johnny said. He had a new sexual fear. Johnny was in no shape to have sex any time soon. He was scared it would be held against him and he would be accused of more things. He was scared Sodapop would flip on him again, or at any second if Sodapop thought Johnny was doing anything suspicious.

Sodapop frowned, Johnny was afraid... it was all like a never-ending nightmare. Soda's eyes started to water, he wished he could just make it better already. He knew it wasn't ever going to be an easy fix.

Johnny was living with constant anxiety, and it seemed to never stop. There was always something new popping up to ruin it all over again. Johnny balled himself up to be smaller.

"I-I'm sorry, please don't cry. We-we can make up." Johnny felt bad, he didn't want Sodapop to cry over it.

"No just- stop a second. It's fine. I can't even sit next to you without you gettin' scared. It was going so well... I was able to get you to hold out infant. Now I can't get you to touch me. It's one thing after another with us. I'm tired of it." Sodapop was frustrated. He got up and left the room.

He hoped things would fix themselves, because he had no idea what to do.

<<To Be Continued>>