Have You Seen My Childhood?

Start from the beginning

"Here, let's take him out into the living room with us. Just spend some time with him. Please?" Sodapop asked. He thought it would be useful for them to get that bonding time in. Then Sodapop would just get to be there and watch; spending time with them too, basically.

Johnny simply nodded and walked with the baby out into the living room. Johnny sat down on the couch with Lemon. Soda walked over and offered assistance again, "Lay him vertically down your body. He wants your warmth and he'll be more comfortable laying on you that way." Sodapop said. Johnny agreed and let his husband help him lay the baby that way.

Once Lemon was in a good position on his daddy, Johnny gently placed his hands on him to support him there. One on the back of his head and the other supporting his bottom. Johnny smiled softly as he held his son close to him.

Things would get better...

...

Johnny and Sodapop were currently fighting in the living room. Johnny made sure the baby's room door was closed so Lemon wouldn't be disturbed.

They were fighting because they had recently become sexually active again, and Sodapop was suspecting he was suddenly pregnant again. His body had just finished recovering, so they were making sure to stay protected. Soda was blind sighted by some symptoms and he was accusing Johnny of lying about using protection.

"I-I would never do such a thing, Soda. Enough, please... you don't even know for sure that you're pregnant. We've only had sex twice so far and I SWEAR I wore a condom." Johnny said. He was terrified. He would never assault his husband in such a way.

"Then explain these damn symptoms! Someone lied to me!" Sodapop said. He towered over his husband. Johnny was still a small guy.

"If you are, maybe the condoms are expired or just faulty." Johnny said. He just wanted to de-escalate the situation.

"You wouldn't check before using them on me?!" Sodapop screamed.

"We just bought them, I thought it would be okay-" Johnny said. He didn't think to look at anything, it seemed fine.

"You THOUGHT? See where that got you?" Sodapop huffed. Johnny frowned and looked down at his feet. No one ever saw Sodapop like this. Only Ponyboy did sometimes. Johnny didn't say anything. He was afraid Sodapop would only continue to yell at him if he did. Johnny would usually do this, simply shut down to make the people happy and not to push anything too far.

A few silent moments went by.

"I... I could get you a test if you wanted..." Johnny said quietly. If he was pregnant, Johnny would be scared. He used the condoms, so it would be the rubbers fault. Not Johnny. Soda was too worked up to even think about it.

"Oh, so you're saying there's a chance? So you did lie to me, you're not wearing anything?" Soda accused him again.

"No- I just- we don't know for sure. If a condom did break, we need to know now." Johnny said. He was still frowning, not like Sodapop could see. His head was still facing down.

"Fine. Get out." Soda said. He stomped off and slammed the door to their bedroom. He was really mad... Johnny almost wanted to walk out the door and never come back... it was a cruel thought, because he would never want to voluntarily abandon his son. Lemon needed both parents in his life.

Johnny slowly put on his shoes and left the house. He got into his car and tried his best not to cry. His feelings were hurt but he needed to get over it. He still loved Soda with all of his heart. Johnny took his time getting the tests and taking them back home. Johnny spent a solid 15 minutes sitting in his car before going into the house. He didn't want to go in there. His only driving force was Lemon. Johnny went inside and was quiet with the door. He didn't see Sodapop in the living room. He must have been somewhere else in the house. The bedroom still, maybe?