Chapter 6

You and Sato spent the next couple of weeks getting to know each other. Everyday after training or when you would come back from missions you'd go to hang out with Sato at the top of the mountain. You'd take turns bringing board games. One day you saw Neji approach the top of the mountain.

"Hi Neji!"

"(Y/n)? What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I'm hanging out with Sato."

Sato waved nervously.

"Wanna join us?"

"I should reall-"

"Pleaseeeeeee," you said with pleading eyes.

"I guess I can stay for a little bit.."

"Yay!"

Sato didn't look very happy with the new arrangement but you didn't seem to notice. Neji sat down next to you. As he leaned back he accidentally put his hand on yours. You turned to look at him, eyes wide. You both instantly picked up your hands. His hands were soft and his touch was gentle. Your face went a little red. Meanwhile Neji was thinking the same thing about you. Sato looked a little upset.

"You ok (y/n)," asked Sato.

"I-I'm fine," you said rubbing your hand, replaying what happened over in your head.

You and Sato picked up your conversation where you had left off. Along the way you told jokes and made funny faces. You heard Neji chuckle a little after one of your jokes. You had never heard him laugh before. It was kind of cute. You wanted to hear him laugh again so you built off of your joke.  He continued to laugh. You blushed.

"You ok Neji," you giggled.

He composed himself.

"Yes."

You smiled at him. He was actually having fun. He turned his head away, his face heating up. Sato stepped in.

"So Neji, what brought you up here?"

"Well, I was going to check up on (y/n) but she wasn't home so the only other place I could think of was here."

"I see.."

"Thanks Neji.." you said.

"So, how'd you and Sato meet," Neji asked.

"Well I bumped into him on the way back from your house and we seemed to get along so I asked him to hang out and we hit it off," you smiled.

"Interesting.."

You spent the rest of the day talking and getting to know each other. You noticed Sato and Neji continuing to glare at each other.

"You guys are wack," you giggled.

They both looked at you confused. You noticed the sun starting to go down.

"Well, I should probably getting back home," you said, standing up.

"Let me walk you home," Neji said rather quickly, glaring at Sato.

"Ok! I'll se you later Sato!"

"See ya (y/n)!"

On the way home you and Neji walked in silence. You guys couldn't make eye contact on account of what happened earlier. When you got home Neji stopped.

"Did you wanna maybe, hang out after training tomorrow..?"

You stood there, shocked.

"Sure!"

You went to bed excited for tomorrow, you really were starting to like it here, but then you remembered your mission.  So far they didn't seem to suspect anything so you shrugged it off and went to sleep.

The next morning Neji knocked on your door.

"I thought we could walk together.."

You smiled at the boy and took him by the hand and started dragging him.

"Let's get going then."

He smiled. It was super cute, you couldn't help but blush. You two had started to grow closer since that day of the incident. After training, you guys found a quiet place in the forest to relax. You didn't talk, but it was a comfortable silence. You looked over at him, the wind was blowing his hair back so you could clearly see his face. He was really handsome.

"Something on my face?"

"N-no-"

You turned away, embarrassed. He looked at you and giggled.

"What's so funny-"

"You're really cute when you're embarrassed-"

As soon as he said those words, he covered his mouth. Both your faces went red. He thought you were cute!

"H-hey Neji, can you sleep over tonight? I-I've been having really bad n-nightmares recently and I don't want to be alone.."

"I guess I can.."

"R-really!"

He nodded. You tackled him in a hug. You ended up knocking him over and you were on top of him. Your face went completely red.

"I-I'm so sorry," you said, trying to get off of him.

"It's fine.. I don't mind.."

You could barely hear the last part. You looked at him wide eyed. You quickly got up and covered your face. He pulled your hands away from your face. He leaned in and kissed you on the forehead.

"N-Neji?"

"Sorry.."

"N-no, I kinda liked it.."

His face went pink. He partially covered his face. You pulled his hand away from his face and kissed him on the cheek. You smiled at him afterwards. The rest of the time was spent in silence. You felt your eyes become droopy. Leaned to the side and found Neji's shoulder. You were too tired to notice as you drifted off to sleep.

"(Y/n)-"

He saw you were asleep so he decided not to disturb you. You woke up a couple hours later and found a head on tip of yours. It was Neji. He must've fallen asleep as well.

"Neji.." you whispered.

"Hm?"

"Oh, you're awake?"

"Yeah," he said with a yawn.

"I'm sorry, you were probably waiting for me.."

"Shush.. let's just go home, ok?"

"Ok.."

When you got to your house you showed Neji to a room and you went to yours. Neji awoke to hear a scream come from your room. When he got to your room you were gone. He ran out of the head and frantically looked around for you. Meanwhile you were alone in the middle of the forest, eyes glowing purple.

"Hello," called a familiar voice.

"Ah!"

Out emerged Sato.

"(Y/n)? What happened? What are you doing out here?"

"I- AH-"

You headache started to come back. You felt yourself go after Sato. You threw against a tree and ran off like some kind of wild animal. You would've killed him if Neji hadn't found him. He took him to the hospital then went back out to look for you. He found you crying with a dark aura surrounding you.

Words: 1062