Sana's P.O.V. 

I stood with my eyes fixed on the gate for Sidharth to come. I was waiting for him because I had so much to ask him and also, because I simply wanted to see him. "Where is Sidharth?" Sharad asked. "He won't come," Virenji said. "Why?" Roopaji asked. "Because he's with Megha," he said. I frowned. "What happened to her?" Sharad asked. "I don't know but I saw him lifting her in his arms and bringing her to the clinic. And then, he left with her. Looks like she damaged her foot," he said. I felt a bit bad. Sidharth cancelled breakfast with me to eat with Megha. I didn't show this disappointment on my face though and smiled forcefully for everyone. After breakfast, I started my work and removed all thoughts of Sidharth from my head. As I was cleaning our room, Roopaji came in hissing in pain. She sat on the bed and held her knee. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Old age," she said. I smiled and understood that she had joint pain. "Can you bring me my balm from the drawer?" She asked. "Of course," I said and opened the drawer but there was no sign of it being there. "Roopaji, there is no balm here," I said. "Oh no!" She said sighing, "I forgot to ask Sidharth for it. My balm has finished." As I was closing the drawer, she asked, "Can you go over to his clinic and get me a new one?" I frowned. "I'll tell Sharad," I said. "Sharad isn't here. He has some work out of town. He will be back tonight," she said. "Please Sana, go for the balm. The pain is unbearable," she requested. I felt helpless and agreed. As I left the room with my dirty clothes and my hair tied up with a bandana, I looked around and spotted no one that I could send in my place. I sighed and decided to only run across, get it and return. Seeing Roopaji in so much pain made me feel uncomfortable. I left the home and walked across the street. I peeped inside his clinic and saw some people. 

As soon as I entered, all heads turned to me. Everyone looked at me from head to toe and frowned. "Umm...good morning," I said. They greeted me and I looked at the desk. Neha wasn't there and I didn't understand what should I do. I knew that it would be wrong for me to go in without permission so I decided to wait for him to come out for the next patient. I stood in a corner and bit my lip, feeling out of place. The door to his office opened and he escorted an elderly couple out. I immediately leaned off the wall and looked at him. He looked at me a bit surprised. I nervously walked up to him saying, "Uhh...Roopaji sent me for a balm for her knee. She said that you have it," I said. "Yes. Come," he said and I followed him into his office. He began looking through his cabinet and I stood and bent my head low, embarrassed at my appearance. He came back with a small brown bag and handed it to me saying, "Maasi knows how she is supposed to apply it. But if you want, you can help her. It will be easier for her." I nodded without looking at him and turned around to leave when he held back my hand saying, "Wait." My heart pumped faster and I felt tickling in my stomach. He turned me back to him and he raised my head from my chin and stared intensely at me. My breathing began to get heavy and I know that my face must be completely red now. His hand reached for my hair and pulled out a cobweb. I looked at it between his fingers and stepped back. "I want to talk to you," he said. "Roopaji is in a lot of pain. I should get back to her," I said avoiding looking into his eyes and left his office. I ran back to the home and went to my room. Roopaji was on the bed and I went up to her apologising for taking time. "Shall I apply it for you? It will be easier for you," I said. "Yes please," she said and made way for me on her bed. 

I took a little and rubbed it between my fingers. It felt cold and the minty smell was strong. I applied it and massaged it on her knees as she leaned back with her eyes closed. "Why don't you go to a doctor to get this treated?" I asked. "What's wrong with my Dr. Sidharth?" She asked. "Nothing. He's capable but you should go and get some proper tests done," I said. "This is normal old age problems. When you reach my age, you will face the same," she said. I smiled and continued. "You don't need to worry about my knees. It's healthy," I said. "Mmhmm, I said that at twenty one as well," she said. I chuckled. "I am feeling so much better. Thank you," she said opening her eyes and holding my hand. "It's ok. Anytime," I said. I got up and kissed her head before washing my hands in the washroom. I finished my cleaning and went to the kitchen. I began my attempt to make khichdi again but this time in the safer way. Instead of using the pressure cooker, I simply made it in a pot despite it taking more time. After it was finished, I tasted it and adjusted the salt before carrying it outside to serve. As I went back to the kitchen for water, Sidharth came in. He stood with his hands in his pockets and a long, stern face. I tried walking around him but he held back my hand and turned me around harshly, making the water from the jug splash on me. His grip on my hand was tight and it hurt. "What are you trying to do?" He asked gritting his teeth. I looked at him angrily in awe. "What are you doing? Let go of me," I said. "No," he said taking the jug away from me, "Answer me, what are you trying to do? Avoid me?" "You don't have any right to ask me anything," I said. "Listen to me Sana, don't think that you can turn away from me and I will let you. Just because I couldn't have breakfast with you this morning, you are avoiding me, aren't you?" He said holding my shoulders. 

"Are you listening to yourself? You don't know what you are saying," I said. "Then, why did you turn away from me earlier? Why are you not looking into my eyes?" He asked. "You have gone crazy," I said and stepped back, "You are getting wrong ideas. I am not avoiding you." "Then, why didn't you listen to what I have to say? You knew I was with Megha this morning, didn't you? That's why you don't want to talk?" He asked. He was right. I was angry at him. I was disappointed. But telling him will not solve anything. In fact, it will only complicate things between us. "You need to go home and calm down. You are not aware of what you are doing right now," I said. I took the jug and left the kitchen.

___________________

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed that update! Please vote, comment and share my story! Until next time! Bye!