The Good, The Bad, and Casey Jones

A few weeks after the incident with Slash, and Pepper and her teammates are all healed up. Donnie's arm and Samirah's wrist were better. Now, Pepper and the others are in the dojo with Sensei for another training session.

"My children, you are truly becoming impressive warriors. But to grow as a team, you must know each other's strengths and weaknesses," Sensei began as they drew their weapons.

"Wah! Heh!" Mikey burped in Donnie's face.

Donnie's eyes turned red and watery. "Ugh, right in my face! Really?"

"Garlic and clam pizza!" Mikey said, smiling.

"That's gross, Mikey," Pepper said, disgusted. With her heightened senses, she could smell it from where she stood, and it was absolutely awful.

"This competition is a free-for-all. Last ninja standing wins," Sensei said. "Hajime!"

"I'm still seeing spots," Donnie said, not noticing Nyx sneaking up behind him until she kicked him into the tree.

"Sorry, D, it's a ninja-eat-ninja world," Nyx said. 

Mikey was busy laughing at Donnie, and he gasped when he realized Astra was going after him. He dodged the red-head's cord, and then Raya intercepted her sister.

"What're you doing, Raya? I was going for Mikey," Astra protested, blocking Raya's chain.

"What part of 'last ninja standing don't you understand?" Raya spun and kicked Astra in the chest, sending her flying into Nyx. Both of them toppled to the ground in a heap.

Unfortunately, Raya was out the minute Leo swept her feet from under her, and she fell onto her back. "Aw, man!" she complained.

"Distraction, misdirection. Powerful weapons in a ninja arsenal," Sensei said.

Pepper stifled her chuckles when she saw Raya mimicking him before Sensei saw her doing it. Raya giggled before she went to join her sisters and Donnie.

Samirah and Mikey were going at each other, neither of them able to knock each other down. Samirah flipped over Mikey's head and knocked his feet out, but his kusarigama chain wrapped around her ankle and tripped her, knocking both of them out in one go.

"Come on, Pepper." Leo smirked as he and Raph surrounded her. "You can just give up and we'll go easy on you."

"Aw, but where's the fun in that?" she said, giving them a sly smirk. 

Leo swung his katanas and she blocked with her swords, shoving him back and dodging an attack from Raph. Raph swung his sai, but she blocked and kicked him back. She backflipped over Leo as he came at her from behind. Raph attacked her and she blocked and knocked out one of his sais as he knocked out one of her swords, too. She round-kicked Raph, but he blocked. Smirked, she jumped and kicked his chin with her other foot, making him back up as she backflipped and kicked Leo in the shell as he tried a sneak attack behind her. He yelped and stumbled into Raph, and they both yelled, falling to the ground as she landed easily on her feet.

"Way a' go, Pepper!" Donnie cheered.

"You rule, dude!" Raya laughed.

"Congratulations, Pepper." Sensei smiled as she picked up her fallen weapon and sheathed them before sitting before him, feeling proud. She heard a growl behind her and her ears flicked back.

"Uh-oh, the beast is awake," Mikey said.

"Pepper, look out!" Astra cried.

She turned to see Raph about to hit her! Suddenly, something shoved her to the ground, and she looked up to see Leo on the floor. He must've shoved her out of the way so Raph didn't hit her.