As I went to step away from her, she quickly and almost awkwardly wrapped her arms around my neck, catching me by surprise as she pulled me in, pressing her body against mine. My arms wrapped themselves around her waist as if by their own accord as I inhaled precariously, her scent washing me clean. The moment didn't last long, but it felt like it did. In a split second, I felt how right it felt and how right she felt against me and how the warmth from her body enveloped me, making me feel at peace, and how her sweet scent pulled at my heart, which seemed to beat for her heart so close by. She hugged me slightly tighter as she turned her head slightly, her breath brushing warmly against my ear.

"Don't do anything stupid." She whispered to me, her voice low and surprisingly, I couldn't detect any trace of sarcasm in her tone, only truthful caring in all its rawness.

With that, she lessened her grip on me, letting me know it was time to let go. My arms fell from their place around her waist and she stepped back, a rosy color creeping up her neck to find its place upon her high cheekbones. Her eyes fluttered down onto the ground as she seemed slightly surprised by her own forwardness.

"Stupid?" I whispered to her, making her look up at me innocently, making me melt. I raised my eyebrows at her questioningly, and she tried to suppress a sweet smile.

"What are you grinning at?" Natasha's suspicious question brings me away from my memory and I look up at her as she walks slightly sideways, watching me intently.

"Nothing." I lie unconvincingly, making the Russian spy narrow her eyes at me suspiciously.

"Is nothing in this case perhaps a certain someone with green eyes?" She slows her gait down slightly to match mine, our shoulders bumping together as we walk side-by-side, following Steve.

"No. It was just a joke I remembered." I flatly tell her, wishing that she'd drop it.

"Hmm." She hums softly on my side and I look at her. "You are smitten, my dear."
"I know." I admit heavily after a slight pause.

"So is she." Natasha promises, which, despite my best efforts, does make me giddy.
"I'm not so sure." I try to play it off and Natasha almost laughs but stifles the sound.
"I can read her as much as she tries to pretend otherwise. I've spent an unfortunately large proportion of our time together keeping her together." Natasha smiles a bittersweet smile at the memories, and I'm struck by how she has an entirely different view of Wanda, how she knows things I don't, and it almost makes me slightly jealous.

"I promised I would leave her alone after we fix this." I admit to Natasha, which makes her huff.

"I don't think she'd want that." She looks at me pointedly. "I don't think you want that, either."
"I... no, I don't." I once again find myself admitting something I would have fought tooth and nail to keep private before.

"Then stop being a little bitch and get on with it." Natasha so eloquently suggests, making me giggle.

"I don't want to make her uncomfortable. She... she's still holding onto Vision."
Natasha looks at me, now completely serious. "You need to give her a fucking break, Liv. She obviously loves Vision, yes, but she also loves you. I think her love for Vision is more of a... of a safety blanket. Her love for him is her remembering how safe she felt back when he was all she had. I don't think she needs that same love now. She's not the same as she was when they met."
I stay silent, letting Natasha's explanation hover over me. As much as I find myself wanting to agree, I still can't quite understand how this is meant to help me.

"Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that -"
"You can't explain everything, Liv, or make sense of everything. You just need to give her some time, man. I mean, what, she's lost her memory of you like, a week ago? You can't put a time constraint on her, that's not fair."