|Chapter 5| I find that hard to believe pt. 1

Start from the beginning

Later that same day
Close to midnight

"Yeah, okay? I saw the big guy." Elen said a little irritated by the bombardment of questions. Everyone around her gasp except for those who knew already. "Woah, seriously?"

"Okay! Exactly how tall was he?"

"He stuck his head over the outer wall."

"Woah I heard he stepped over the wall completely!" "So did I." "That was the rumor in my village too!"

"Nah, he was big but not that big." ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"So what did it look like?" Mina asked still starstruck over the whole thing.

"It had a mouth like a corpse, and no skin just muscles." Elen replied before turning back to her tray of food.

"And the Armoured Titan? The one that broke through wall Maria."

"Is that what they're calling it? In all the panic it was just another Titan to me." She said, completely oblivious to how she was figuratively blowing their tiny minds.

"No way. So what were they like?"

This comment seem to stir her a little bit as she looked at her spoon distracted by a distant memory. After the tiny flashback she dropped the spoon into... –idk what that is, some kind of liquid?–, she then covered her mouth at the thought of her mouth being eaten again.

"C'mon, that's enough questions alright? I'm sure she'd rather not relive everything she went through." Marco stated. "I'm sorry." The baldy said after realising the spot they put her in. "We didn't mean to-" "It's not like that." Elen said, shoving the worried expressions, before taking a bite of bread. "Those stupid Titans, they're really not that big a deal. If we focus on mastering the Omni-directional mobility gear they give us, then it's Titan payback time." She sentenced while Connie looked at her in awe. "I've wait years to be trained as a soldier.  All of a sudden the reality is sinking in. I'm joining the scout-regiment then I'm sending the Titans back to hell, I'm gonna butcher them all-" "Hey, are you crazy or something? Not that it's my business but signing up for reconisance is like a death sentence. A pretty girl like you shouldn't be trying to get themselves killed." Jean Kirstein, weird name to be honest but when it comes to strategy and teamwork, he's your guy. Though I highly recommend not staring at his face, you might get kicked in the chest.

"I guess we'll see, or at least I will. You seek intent in hiding in the interior with the MPs. Besides I'd rather date humans, preferably men."  Elen replied already starting to dislike him. "Look I'm just speaking honestly here. I think it's better than being some loud mouth bragger tough 'guy' wanna be, pretending they're not as piss scared as the rest of us." Jean said completely oblivious to remark she made, though this comment seemed to tick her off. "Are you trying to get your ass kicked?" Elen stated jumping to conclusions. "Hey stop it you two." Though Marco's plead fell on deaf ears. "I'm not one to pick fights with women, back I'm not one to back down either. Makes no difference to me." Jean got up, ready to throw hands at a girl. The two stared  each other down though Jean towered over her with her being even shorter than canon.

But to a lot of people disappointment the bell rang, signalling everyone to go to bed. Jean sighed before deciding to be the better person. "Hey, I'm sorry for calling you names and dismissing your choice of career. Put 'er there, wha' do ya say?" Extending his hand out to shake hers and continue on good terms. "Right, yeah I'm sorry as well." She said blanking before smacking his hand away and walking off. Though as he watched her walk off another female figure walked by as time seemed to slow down for just a second. It was as if he had seen an angel and then he mustered up whatever balls he had as caught her before she left. "Umm excuse me." His voice was shaky though fortunately for him she turned towards him, unfortunately he got more nervous and started blushing. "I- uh, I just wanted to- I mean, I've never seen anyone like you before. I mean uh- I'm sorry. You have really beautiful black hair." "Thank you." Was all she said, before following her 'family' member. Soon he got out of his trance and ran to the front door to talk to her, though he saw her with Elen.

"Could you lay off? It's no big deal." Elen said while they walked together. "It's just that you get so work up over everything that you don't think things through." Mikasa replied, only for Elen to sigh. "Again with this? If you insist on worrying, worry about how long you hair's is. It's gonna catch up to you on a bad way when we start on the ODMs." Elen commented while Mikasa stared at her hair that went past her chin. "Fine, I'll cut it. I'll ask [Y\N] about how short it should be." She said bluntly. "What do you mean you're gonna ask [Y\N]? I can tell how short it should be." Elen exclaimed a little bit more pissed off than what she would have wanted.

On the porch stood Jean as he was covered in a coat of shame, when conveniently Connie walked by and all of a sudden he wiped his hand on his entire back. "What the hell? Leave my clothes alone dammit. What did you wipe on me?" Connie questioned while trying to cleanse his back. "Don't worry. Just my trust."

Outside near the female barracks

There sat two figures, one, a male with a 2D character fetish and another, a female that would eat so much you'd mistake her for a pig. [Y\N] laid flat on his back with his cadet jacket around his waist leaving only his dark [F\C] hoodie to cover up his upper body, while Sasha laid limp-ly on his chest while she kept saying random names of food. Just then a small figured walked out from the shadows and before they could entire introduce themselves, Sasha's nose twitched three times before she suddenly jumped towards them and landed behind them with an object in her mouth. The female figure  looked at her in shock of what she saw, before she could do anything a hand touched hers as [Y\N] could be seen laying with his face in the ground and his arm outreached. "W-wh-wa-" That's right buddy, one letter at a time. "-wa-wa-ter. Do you ha-ve wa-water?" Which was muffled since his face was in the dirt. "Oh, here you go. Drink up." The blonde girl said just above whisper while handing him a flask of water. "Many thanks... Your majesty." [Y\N]  replied while he tried to stand up but couldn't until Hist- I mean Christa offered to support him. "Thank you again Christa, I really mean it." He thanked with huffs and buffs between each word. While her face slowly grew red thinking about how close they were to each other. "Could it be....? It's bread!" Sasha shouted to no one in particular.

"Yes, it's bread alright." Another voice said aloud, though it wasn't who [Y\N] thought it was. "Oh! Boy am I glad to see you here Pieck! It's time for you to repay me for all those times I carried you." [Y\N] said playfully with his arms outstretched like a toddler waiting to be picked up. His action caused the girl to giggle and hand another loaf of bread to Sasha, before picking [Y\N] up on her back and saying her goodbyes to the other two. "I'm glad you're younger than me or else I'd be on the ground right now." Pieck said trying to fight the warm feeling on her cheeks. "Shhh, You're so warm and cuddly, I wouldn't mind staying like this forever." [Y\N] said softly into her ear as if he were drunk, unbeknownst to him she stopped to look at him with a bright blush on her face all the while he fell asleep.

___

The two stopped in front of the boys barracks as Pieck set him down right next to the door. "This is as far as I can go, you better head inside now [Y\N]." She demanded before walking back to her side of the camp. "Sure, mom!" He said as he noticed his vision getting blurry. "Hey, is that a shee-"

___

*splash* *thud*

"Bright and early and ready for training sir!" [Y\N] said off instinct while his clothes were drenched and Commander Shadis stood in front of him. "Wide awake, huh? What, you couldn't find the door handle?! Get up and get some new clothes cadet! Hell starts in 20 minutes!" He commanded while taking the bucket he used and walked to the girls barracks.

___

I'm super tired right now guys and it's already past 4 and I have school at 7,so I'll be able to post part two later or tomorrow, but anyway. I'll see you, in the next one. Take care.