Vol. 2 Chapter 3: Next priority

Mulai dari awal

The dwargon side took my attempts with interest while sistiene looks confused.

"Hey Liam what's this?." (Sistiene)

"Holograms." (Liam)

"Interesting, truly interesting... Everything here is mind blowing." (Voris)

Their eyes is nailed on the holograms as if to the point of pooping out of their heads.

"May I mind hearing those specific technologies that may come from us?." (Voris)

"Specifically those that could penetrate through barriers and kill dragons." (Liam)

Originally, I asked Noel how to penetrate magic barriers. Of course, I thought she would be reluctant because I intended to kill species like dragons, which is basically her race, but she lazily answered it by just pouring more firepower to break through the barriers of ancient dragons. In simple words, she told me to find my way through brute force. It seems dragons don't mind losing a couple of their people in a fight. Nevertheless, back on track, it's impossible for me to pour raw firepower without laying waste to the surrounding continents through orbital bombardment, missile strikes, and nuclear strikes. I have some more powerful weapons that I don't want to use, which are too devastating to be employed in this world, so they are no go. Also, chemical and biological weapons seem useless on the ancient dragon, same goes for acidic substances, making them nearly invincible and impossible to kill.

"Technologies that could kill dragons? All of these weapons and unexplainable things you let us see are enough to kill dragons without breaking a sweat." (Voris)

Seem they jumped on the conclusion that I'll only picked a fight on ordinary dragons which according to Noel, is basically livestock to higher species like her.

"I'm not talking about ordinary dragons, I'm asking about dwarven technologies that could kill ancient dragons." (Liam)

Then silence descended on the room; Sistiene held her breath, staring at me, and the dwarves began to make eye contact with each other, as if they were communicating silently. After a short span of silence, Voris finally opened his mouth.

"We do have anti-ancient dragon weaponries, but they are in testing phase." (Voris)

"Testing phase?." (Liam)

"The ancient dragons are territorial as long as you don't intrude on their territories. They won't do anything bad as they don't need to migrate from place to place and their species is immune to disease and self-sufficient as they don't eat or rest like us mortals, making them very adaptable in the harshest environments of this world. In conclusion, our development is hampered due to the apparent lack of threat coming from those monsters of the devil's den." (Voris)

"I see ...." (Liam)

Too bad, seems there's nothing to get from them other than regular trade, or I thought so.

"However, we do have technologies that could penetrate the mana barriers of ancient dragons. The only things that we are troubled with are their speed, which surpasses the speed of sound, or their tough scales that don't need a barrier to the point where even our mightiest guns can only barely damage them." (Voris)

Yeah, he's got a point. Even if battleships' guns could damage their scales, I don't think the 16-inch Iowa or Montana class battleships could shoot down oversized flying lizards with a ridiculous flight velocity of Mach 5.

"The penetrating shield is enough. I'm going to ask for some utilities and an exclusive trade deal with Dwargon. If things are cleaned up, I can begin working on the matters we could send back to Dwargon as an exchange. You could give your request at a later date." (Liam)