Chapter 6

Victoria decided to go to the Hard Deck a bit earlier to catch up with Penny, the owner of the bar and her uncle Maverick's off again on again fling or whatever they were. Bradley offered to drive her before going to her parent's place but she refused being adamant on walking there since it wasn't far from the house plus she missed California weather.

She wore a baby blue sundress with some white converse on her feet not feeling like wearing heels or flats. It was her go to outfit on hot days when she felt like wearing a dress.

Getting to the Hard Deck she saw that it was already filling up. She approached the bar with a smile on her face.

"Excuse me, I heard that a very pretty lady works here. Mind telling me where I can find her?"

Penny turned around with a small gasp leaving her lips.

"Victoria Kazansky Bradshaw as I live and breathe."

A giggle left the younger girl's lips as the two shared a hug across the bar. They talked for a little bit, Victoria telling her that she was called back for a mission and Penny telling her about how Amelia is doing.

"Anyways, what can I get the pretty young lady?" "Gimme a beer for now. Don't want to start off too strong."

The woman laughed at that, knowing full well how strong she could start off. She opened and set the beer on the bar in front of Victoria.

"You wanna pay for her unlce?"

Penny stepped back a bit so Victoria could come face to face with the man across from her sitting at the bar. Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell, she hasn't seen him in a few years now so she was shocked to see him sitting at the Hard Deck.

"Might as well." Maverick smiled at his niece, well she wasn't actually his niece but Iceman became like a brother to him so his kids looked at him as an uncle and he loved them to death.

"Uncle Pete what are you doing here?"

Victoria quickly made her way to the other side to hug the older man tightly.

"Heya kid. I'm just visiting old friends y'know. And I wanted to attend Gavin's graduation."

They talked for a bit until Victoria saw 3 people enter and make their way towards the pool table. She said bye to her uncle and Penny as she grabbed her beer and made her way towards the pool tables. Just as she left the bar she heard the bell go off and laughed to herself. She saw her uncle's phone on the bar and it looks like Penny saw it too.

"Well well, looks like we have the reunion of the birds. To what do we own the pleasure miss Dove?"

The blonde woman rolled her eyes at Jake 'Hangman' Seresin's words but before she could say anything she was pulled into a hug by non other than Natasha 'Phoenix' Trace, her best friend, roomate from the Naval Academy and as of 7 years ago, her maid of honour.

The two women were more than happy to see eachother after all this time but when they finally let go off eachother and after both Payback and Fanboy got a hug and being introduced to Bob, Phoenix slapped Dove's arm.

"This is how I find out you're in the USA seriously?" "First of all, ouch, second of all, I wanted to suprise you."

Just a month prior Dove, Rooster and a few other Lieutenants were sent on a mission to a forgein country and if the blonde was being honest she forgot to notify her best friend that she was back in the country.

"Dove, Phoenix, you up for a game of pool like the good old days? You two againts Coyote and me."

Hangman approached them holding foward two pool sticks. The two women alongside Bradley met Hangman when they first got to TOPGUN and Coyote came soon after, when he went on a mission with them.