Chapter 69

It had been a couple of weeks since the team had returned home from recruiting the other heroes of the world. It was now time for the team to be at Sara and Tommy's wedding. They all knew that it was better to do this as soon as possible so that everyone could then focus on the coming Crisis that they would all be a major part of.

"So, are you ready for today?" Laurel asked as she walked into the room that Sara and she were going to get dressed in.

"Yeah, I am. I never thought this day would come, much less me marrying Tommy Merlyn." Sara said with a smile.

"Come on now. Tommy isn't that bad." Laurel said.

"He isn't anymore anyways. You know how he and Ollie used to be." Sara said.

"I seem to remember you joining in with them. You have no room to talk." Laurel said.

"True. So, let's get started with our make and all of that stuff. I don't want to be late, you know." Sara said and Laurel nodded as they got to work on getting themselves ready.

. . .

At the same time that Laurel and Sara were getting ready, Oliver walked into the room that he and Tommy would be using today.

"You have any advice for me?" Tommy asked his best friend.

"Remember, a happy wife makes a happy life and also remember that you are never right, she always is." Oliver said.

"I think I already knew those things buddy. Sara and I have been together long enough now that I know how to make her happy." Tommy said.

"Just making sure. So, how are you feeling about today? I am surprised that you haven't run away yet." Oliver said and both of the men laughed at that.

"Do you really think that it would be a good idea to run away from Sara. She would track me down and kill me right then and there." Tommy said.

"You don't have to tell me. I know better than to mess with that girl." Oliver said.

"So, how about we get ready and then we can go out and get some air before I get too nervous." Tommy said and Oliver nodded as both of the men started to get dressed for the upcoming wedding.

. . .

A few hours later it was time for the wedding to start. The first ones to walk down the aisle were Oliver and Laurel. They were then followed by Tommy, who joined Oliver on his side of the altar. The music then started and it was time for everyone to get their first look at Sara as she was walked down the aisle by Quentin.

Tommy's breath caught as he saw his soon to be wife for the first time since the night before. She was wearing a shoulderless white dress that looked just beautiful on her. The length was so that it was just touching the floor so that she wouldn't be tripping all over it. Once Sara and Quentin reached Tommy, Quentin handed her off and made the usual threat of "You better take care of her."

"I promise." Tommy said as took Sara's hands and they walked up to the altar where the preacher was waiting.

The preacher started with the usual. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join Thoman Merlyn and Sara Lance in holy matrimony. If anyone does not agree that these two should be wed, speak now or forever hold your peace."

There was no one who was going to stand up because even the people who didn't know that they were the heroes of the city knew better than to mess with Sara Lance.

"Ok, so I know you both wrote your own vows. Thomas, you can go first." The preacher said.

"Sara, we have known eachother for most of our lives. I know that we have had some rough patches at times but we always found our way back to being friends. I think it was when the Gambit went down that I realized how I really felt about you. Of course, when I thought you were gone I did try to date your sister, but lucky for the both of us she held out hope that Ollie was still alive and wouldn't give me a chance. As soon as you returned home, I knew then that I was meant to be with you, and the rest is history. I promise to love you forever and nothing will get in the way of that." Tommy said.

"Ok Sara. You can now go." the preacher said.

"Tommy, I don't know when I started to have feelings for you. Probably not as soon as you did, but that doesn't really matter. All I know is that I love you with all of my heart and nothing will ever change that. You were always one of my best friends and I think that is why our relationship works so well. It is just like what Ollie and Laurel have. I promise that I will always be there for you and make sure that you know how much I love you everyday that we are together until death do us part." Sara said.

"Very good. Do you have the rings?" the preacher asked as he turned to Oliver and he pulled them out of his pocket and handed the rings to the preacher.

"Thomas, repeat after me. I, Thomas Merlyn, take you Sara Lance to be my lawfully wedded wife until death do us part." the preacher said and Tommy repeated what he said and slipped the ring on Sara's finger.

"Sara, repeat after me. I, Sara Lance, take you Thomas Merlyn to be my lawfully wedded husband until death do us part." the preacher said as Sara then repeated him and then slipped the ring on Tommy's finger.

"By the power vested in me by the city of Star City, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Thomas, you may kiss your bride." the preacher said as Tommy kissed Sara for the first time as husband and wife.

Tommy and Sara then walked down the aisle and out of the church and were then followed by Oliver and Laurel. Once they were out of the church the families needed to get together and take their pictures and then the wedding party would finally be able to go to the reception and have fun for the rest of the night.