chapter thirteen: be my bride

y/n's pov:

Ha-ri and Mi-jin get back explaining what they saw. I wiped my eyes and looked up.

"But it's full of zombies in there."

Cheong-san looks around. "Can't we reach the roof if we use that and the windows?" he says pointing up. He starts explaining his plan.

On-jo then says. "No."

"If that's the only way-"

"I said no." on-jo interrupts. "Please stop sacrificing yourselves."

"Yeah. I agree with you. We said we'd all survive together.

"Me too. I feel the same."

"We should just wait for now."

"And then what?"

I wasn't really paying attention to who was saying what.

Mi-jin starts talking about it raining.

"Hear that?" Nam-ra says.

"What?"

"They're saying to take cover."

"Who is?"

Gwi-nam's pov:

I start to hear voices. "This is a public announcement. Explosives will be detonated at the sports complex, Hyosan high school, future college, and Hyosan Intersection. If you hear this, take shelter in subways and underground garages."

Shit. I start to panic. I need to find y/n and fast.

y/n's pov:

"We need to take cover. There will be explosions." says Nam-ra.

".. and Hyosan highschool!"

"Hey, are those fucking soldiers gonna shoot missiles at us?"

"When's it going to happen?" Dae-su asks.

"I can't tell. They're just saying to evacuate right now."

Everyone keeps asking questions. My mind's racing about Gwi-nam.

Everyone is freaking out. I don't say anything.

"Y/n!" everyone hears. I quickly look up. I recognize the voice.

Gwi-nam.

"What?" someone says. I hear someone grab a piece of metal.

"It's Gwi-nam." Cheong-san is also grabbing a stick.

"That asshole never dies." someone says.

"Who's that?" ha-ri asks.

"L/n's boyfriend."

"We aren't- he's not- yeah." I said.

"Maybe we heard wrong? It's quiet now."

After she said that, I broke down. "He promised he'd come back!" I said crying into my hands.

Cheong-san slowly approaches the window. All of a sudden the plastic is yanked down.

"I'm right here baby." Gwi-nam says.

Gwi-nam's pov:

Those shits aren't quiet. I set her backpack down and rip down this plastic hanging up. I heard her crying.

I poke my head out the window. "I'm right here baby," I said with a smirk. My heart was pounding with excitement. I step onto the platform she quickly comes over to me.

We stare at each other for a good 10 seconds before I grab her by the face and smash her lips into mine. I move my hands to the back of her head pushing her lips harder into mine. It turns into a french kiss.

"God get a room." someone says. I back up and look at them. I look back and y/n with blood around her mouth from mine.

I look back down at her. We start kissing once again. The butterflies in my stomach are growing. I didn't want this moment to end. Her lips felt so good on mine. She was struggling to breathe so I let go.

"Let me bite you." I said.

"What?" she asked, confused. She was so beautiful.

"Let me bite you, incase we don't get away from the bombs. When this is all over I want to... well.'' I was scared to express my feelings this way.

"Well what?"

"When this is all over I want to get married."

Y/n's pov:

"When this is all over I want to get married."

I looked at him behind me. They were waiting to see what would happen.

"And then we can have little human zombie babies." he said with his eyes tearing up. I smiled. I nodded.

I lift my sleeve up and "bite me." I was waiting for their pain. Then I felt it. It hurt like a mother fucker. I tried to scream, but he put his hand over my mouth.

"Aren't you here to kill me?" Cheong-san asked. "Eye for an eye?"

"Oh no bro, I was just hunting you guys down so I could find her."

He said it was so chill. Then Su-hyeok and Cheong-san dropped their metal poles. After I got done screaming over the pain, he said "now come on guys."

He led us out to the field. We all ran. My hand started twitching and my eye locked like Nam-ra's. I could hear everything so much better.

I was one of them.

Gwi-nam threw me on the ground and quickly covered my ears. "Take cover!" he yelled. Cheong-san protected Onjo. Su-hyeok protected Nam-ra and so on. Gwi-nam holds me tight as the explosion passes. After what felt like years. It was all over.

After it was all over, I hugged Gwi-nam tightly.

"You guys need to go to a quarantine place." Nam-ra says. (idk what the place is called). "y/n, gwi-nam, and i will stay behind.

After everyone said their goodbyes, tears filled my eyes. Saying goodbye to Mi-jin was such a painful thing.

"We'll see each other again." she says.

"Promise?" I said , holding my pinky up.

"Promise." she said, squeezing out pinkies.

I gave On-jo, Ha-ri, Mi-jin, Hyo-ryung, cheong-san, and Dae-su a hug. Mi-jin's and Dae-su's hug lasted the longest because they both were crying. I first bumped Su-hyeok because we weren't that close.

After that, they left. Nam-ra went to help them find their way while Gwi-nam and I stayed behind.

"Wanna go baby making early?" he asks. I smile and nod.