Day 06: Will of D.

~

The D. will definitely bring up a storm.

~

"Torao, what do you think is the Will of D.?" Luffy asked one day when both the captains were walking through a forest on a new island, scouting it for food and predators.

"That's a strange question coming from you." Law commented honestly, stopping to drink some water.

"That last guy we fought kept bringing it up, it was annoying."

"Shouldn't you be asking Nico-ya about this?"

"I did! Robin said she doesn't know yet." Luffy pouted and held Law's hand, swinging the connected hands back and forth. "And I wanna know what you think."

"Why is that?"

"Toraooooo!"

"Ok ok alright." Law started. "You know Cora-san, he used to say that the D. will definitely bring up a storm. I thought it was just him trying to be cool or dropping some 'old man wisdom.' But then I met you, at Sabaody, and you punched the living daylights out of the celestial dragon that threatened your friends. I believed Cora-san then. You did bring up a massive storm that day. So many pacifistas were deployed. Apart from you, Gol D. Roger is a suitable example and your brother, Ace. Your grandfather is a hero, which I don't want to associate with being a D. but I cannot deny that either based on his actions that led him to be a hero. Your father is a D. and I don't know what kind of a storm he's going to bring but I doubt he's dubbed the worst criminal for nothing. Back to your storms, after Sabaody, it was Marineford, then Fishmen Island, you picked a fight with Big Mom of all people..."

"Then you proposed and we saved those children and freed Dressrosa and Wano."

"You better not be forgetting the mayhem you caused on Whole Cake Island." Law stopped to appreciate Luffy's laughter and let it ring through him. "How do you manage to wreak havoc everywhere you go?"

"They hurt my friends so I have to make them pay." Luffy shrugged like it was the easiest decision in the world.

"So back to your original question, I think the will of D. is causing revolutionary storms-"

"Captain! Mugiwara!" Law heard Penguin in the distance.

"Luffy! Law!"

"It's Sanji!" Luffy looked around to spot his nakama and found him coming their way with Penguin and Shachi.

"You guys found anything?" The Strawhat cook asked lighting a cigarette.

"I doubt they were even looking." Shachi sniggered pointing at the joined hands of the two captains. Law turned red at the mention but Luffy grinned, proud.

Sanji sighed. "You two aren't going together next time."

"Did you find something to eat? I'm hungry!" Luffy declared, moving his arms violently, and Law with them.

"Yeah I will unpack on the Sunny."

"Are we going back? The sun's setting." Penguin pointed.

"Yeah let's head back." Sanji led. "Don't get lost lovebirds." Both the captains chose to ignore that and fell a pace behind than the three in front.

Law's brain was still thinking about the will of D. and while he was ok with not knowing at the moment, Luffy's question really had him thinking.

"Maybe the will of D. isn't something fancy or grand as everyone believes. Maybe it's just the innate urge to be free." Law spoke lowly so only Luffy heard.

"Yeah."

"And chaotic." Apparently the curly browed cook had also heard and decided to add to Law's explanation.

"And reckless. Like you, Luffy-ya." Law pointed, pinching Luffy's cheek. Luffy who shook Law's entire world with the tremors after Doflamingo hit the ground.

"Like you are too Captain." Shachi teased.

"Yeah chaotic and reckless." Penguin seconded.

"Hey Torao! You could be a D. too." Luffy chimed, happy and innocent.

Law brought his hat low on his face and smiled secretly. Luffy didn't know how right he was.

~

Vote and leave a comment if you enjoyed <3

Itachi_Warrior desu~! ^/_\^