Blinking, I caught myself and focused back on Armin if only to excuse myself. "I like the black, but the navy is cool, too. Think it over and get back to me."

    I walked away before Armin could respond. Kennedy noticed me as I made my way over. She lit up, blushing it seemed, as she bit her lip and offered a timid smile and a small wave. She could feel my coworkers' eyes on her, see their tongues practically hanging out, but it was only when she looked at me did she appear nervous.

    I came to a stop in front of her, towering over her, instantly awash in that sweet smelling perfume of hers. I wasn't sure if I believed in Heaven or anything, but if it had a scent, it was this.

    "Hi," Kennedy squeaked out.

    "Of course she's here for Keith," one of my coworkers, Ian, grumbled out before sucking his teeth.

    Too aware that we held an audience, I took Kennedy by the hand and steered her back into the shop, up the back hallway into the main area. As we passed the front desk, I managed to shoot Jake a glare for allowing Kennedy out into the grit and grime of the garage, before taking her back into Rod's office. Thank God he was out on a late breakfast run.

    I closed and locked the door. There was a couch in the room, but I opted to go and stand against Rod's desk. It wasn't lost on me we'd returned to the scene of the crime.

    Something told me Kennedy realized this too. She looked around, that blush growing, her eyes bouncing from here and there.

    "Haven't heard from you," I spoke up.

    Kennedy's attention returned to me. "I know, I'm sorry. Shit got complicated."

    I nodded, knowing her situation was a mess. "How's your dad?"

    The wall went up and Kennedy shook her head as she came closer. "This isn't about that."

    I perked a brow, studying her closeness. "It's not?"

    "Uh-uh." Her voice dripped in suggestion as she slowly sank to her knees before me. With her eyes on me, her hands reached out for my jeans.

    The contact made me stand straight up.

    I loved me some head, but fuck if the brain up top wasn't leading me in the moment.

    "What are you doing?" I peered down at Kennedy, trying to keep my blood from rushing south.

    "I wanna make it up to you for ditching you Sunday," she said.

    This was one hell of a view and I cursed myself for not going with the flow. My hands shot out before I could second guess myself. I grabbed Kennedy's wrists and helped her to her feet. "It's whatever."

    Kennedy's hands were on my zipper once again as her eyes remained locked on mine. "I came here to do something, and I'm not leaving until I do it."

    Shit.

    It would take only a second to shove everything off the desk and lay her across it. Porn scenario or not, I was losing my resolve.

    My fists curled at my sides. "I'm trying so hard not to fuck you right now."

    Kennedy leaned up on her toes, going and pressing a torturous kiss to my neck, making a trail to my ear. "The only thing that needs to be hard right now is—"

    "Keith?"

    Fuck.

    Uncle Rod was coming up the hallway towards his office, looking for me.