"But Damien still has the upper hand in the relationship," Oliver said, looking over to the both of them sheepishly. "I might be new, but I can see that. Jasper won't do anything without Damien's permission. And not even his blackmailing attempt worked on Damien."

He was a pretty strong kid, whether he wanted to admit it to himself or not. Oliver liked just how dramatic he was. It seemed like it got heightened whenever he was around people that he was comfortable with. Like he was opening up to all of his friends that he was close to, only speaking his mind to them while he kept his distance from everyone else in the world.

Sure, he might seem a little afraid, especially when it came to his parents, but he could still hold his own. He had proven that at the very beginning.

"Besides," Benny whined. "It's not like Will and I can do anything to put an end to them. I already tried going to the boss about it."

"I can't believe he's willing to wait and see how they play out," Justin shook his head. "This is ten times worse than the last two cases you were on."

They were interrupted from their discussion when two other cupids randomly popped in. One with a classy haircut and a pencil dress, and the other with sunglasses and a cap. The last one looked like he was going to never catch his breath.

"Larry!" Benny went over to their friends. "Are you alright?!"

"Yeah," the man panted, taking off his cap and wiping his forehead. It had been a hot day in that city. He bended down and rested his hands on his knees to better catch his breath. "I'll be alright."

"What happened to you?" Justin asked, just as alarmed and confused as Benny had been.

"The slow and casual college kid aint so slow and casual after all," Larry said. "That guy does more running around than I did when I was in my prime directing movies!"

"More so than Ashley, that's for sure," Suzy said, handing Larry one of her handkerchiefs. "It goes against your original plan for her, doesn't it?"

"Just a little," he stood up, face slowly losing the red flush that it had been. "But I think they could work out still, if they get a little encouragement, of course."

"Who are you two talking about?" Oliver asked as they all took a seat on the sofas and chairs around the room. He hadn't kept up on who Larry was assigned. There were so many cupids in the department that were assigned to so many people in the world that there was no way he would be able to keep track of all of them. He didn't know how his boss did it. Cassandra just had a knack for memorizing things like that. And her and Will still spent quite a lot of time together.

"Jasper's sister," Benny gave him the simple explanation. "I don't know though," he looked back to Larry. "I didn't think that messy-college-boy was her type."

"He is and he's not at the same time," Larry said. "You see, I didn't think he was her type at first either. That's why I originally wanted to put the two together. Ashley's had nothing but successful business type for her past lovers, all of which already had their life sorted out. And Waylon seemed like the perfect down-to-earth fellow to help shake up her life in all the good ways."

"He really knows how to keep a conversation going," Suzy giggled, shaking her head. "Waylon could talk about something as small as a blade of grass, or as grand as the economy of the world, and somehow still keep Ashley interested in the conversation."

"They talked after the café?" Benny asked, ready to distract himself from his own troubles.

"He's going to make a great journalist, I can tell you that," Larry laughed. "I followed him all around town for a few days. The guy was doing everything from working on that newspaper club that him and his brother are the leaders of, to asking people in front of a grocery store whether or not they had heard of trans fat and how bad it affects the body."