Chapter 16

"There are only two people that read smut," he told him. "Virgins and the ones who can't get any to fuck them."

He had to admit, that went deeper than he thought it would. That face was so full of anger before he left. Instead of shooting daggers with his eyes, he launched his attack with his words. And, like a sniper, it hit him right where it hurt. He never thought he'd meet someone who was brave enough to say something like that to him.

He shouldn't be impressed. He should be angry, furious even. But there was something about how those words came off his tongue, coming together like their own piece of art. There was something about the passion behind that college boy's shy resolve that fought so hard against him.

Jasper fought with himself on how he should feel. Because he was burning and furious himself, but he also enjoyed the way he yelled. The way he challenged him. That passion matched Jasper's own. His own anger finally shown by someone who didn't even have something similar to his own situation happen.

He thought about that for a bit of the night, pondering the actions and possibilities that lie before him. Of course, he wasn't actually going to expose the writer, as much as he told Damien that he would. He was merely trying to see just how far he would go for such a silly thing. It wasn't like people would actually come barging down his door. That was just preposterous to think. Damien, however, treated him spilling this information as if it was straight from the pentagon. He looked like he would have done anything to keep such valuable information.

Jasper really wanted to know why.

His insides had fought when the blond stormed out of his door, slamming it tight as he disappeared into the night. There was actually a part of him that wanted to go after him and try and talk things through; to see his reaction if Jasper apologized.

That side of himself was a fool if it thought that he would ever apologize for something he did. He had already done that once. He had already chased after someone and begged and pleaded enough times. That was he moment that he realized that he would never do that for anyone else in his life. No matter how much he thought he loved the person, there was no situation that would cause an outcome like that for the rest of his life.

He had learned rather early on that it was best to focus on his studies rather than the emotional endeavors that he toyed with as a teenager. Now it was merely for entertainment, to expel extra frustration he might have. It was healthy anyway, good for the heart.

Why on this wide earth, then, did this truly bother him? Jasper sighed and sat up, sleep a fleeting friend. He had enjoyed the outing. It had an unpleasant outcome, but it was one in which he could remember and tell stories about for time on end. Something for parties that everyone could laugh about with him.

There was a unique circumstance that always tended to happen, without anyone else's knowledge but himself, when he thought about parties. He didn't know why or how, as it was one of the grandest mysteries of the world. Because whenever he did, his phone started singing. And it was a familiar song indeed.

"Hel-!"

"Jazzzzzzzzz!" the familiar voice blasted his eardrums, along with loud music and too many people cheering in the background. "Wassuuup?"

There could only be one person who would be up at this time, and that was Simon. Jasper immediately rolled his eyes. He could practically smell the alcohol through the screen.

"Nothing much," he told him, smiling a bit.

"Hey, how did that date thing of yours go?" Simon drunkenly slurred. "And are they down to party?"

"I'm alone, Simon."

"Oh shii-et!" that voice somehow was able to come out clear enough for him to make it out. "Was he bad?"