Chapter 29

That night while we were eating dinner, Katara suddenly walked up with her hands behind her back.

"I have a surprise for everyone," Katara announced.

"I knew it! You did have a secret thing for Haru!" Toph blurted out.

"What?!" I said shocked looking at my sister. 

"Uh,, no,"

"Oh then my next truth is Kya ate all the sweet buns Sokka was looking for,"

I glared at Toph who held her hands up in surrender,"You ate them too," I said defensively.

"You did what now?!" Sokka yelled at me betrayed.

"Anyways, I was looking for cooking pots in the attic and I found this!" Katara said opening a scroll.

"Look at baby, Zuko," Katara squealed,"Isn't he cute,"

Everyone laughed as I looked at Zuko who wasn't amused.

"Zuko, it's just a joke," Kaito said looking over.

"That's not me," He replied,"It's my father,"

"But he looks so sweet and innocent," Suki noted.

"Well, that sweet little kid grew up to be a monster and the worst father in the history of fathers,"

"But he's still a human being," Aang said making me sigh, looking over to him.

"You're going to defend him?" Zuko asked.

"No," Aang replied,"I agree with you, Fire Lord Ozai is a horrible person and the world would be better off without him. But there's gotta be another way," He paused as I looked at him sadly. I could understand why, it's against Aang's entire nature to do something like that. But I wondered if his beliefs outweigh the solution to ending this war. 

"Like what exactly?" Kaito said crossing her arms.

"I don't know, maybe we can make some big pots of glue and then I can use glue bending to stick his arms and legs together so he can't bend anymore!" Aang answered excitingly.

"Yeah then you can show him his baby pictures and all those happy memories will make him good again," Zuko joked causing everyone to giggle.

"Do you really think that would work?!" Aang asked happily.

Kaito groaned loudly as I shook my head realizing Aang didn't get the obvious sarcasm.

"No!" Zuko retorted.

"This goes against everything I've learned from the monks. I can't just go around wiping out people I don't like," Aang said, he was conflicted and his pupils practically shook as he turned his back to us.

"Sure you can! You're the Avatar if it's in the name of keeping balance I'm pretty sure the universe will forgive you," Sokka said

"This isn't a joke, Sokka!" Aang raised his voice,"None of you understand the position I'm in!"

"Aang!" Katara chimed in,"We do understand it's just-"

"Just what, Katara?!" Aang shouted,"What?!"

"We're trying to help!" Katara shouted back.

"Then when you figure out a way for me to beat the Fire Lord without taking his life! I'd love to hear it!" He walked away.

"Aang, don't walk away from this," Katara got up to follow Aang but I stopped her.

"Aang's the Avatar, one way or another he will fulfill his duty and end the war," I said trying to calm everyone down,"We just have to trust him,"

"Even if we think he's wrong?" Sokka chimed in.