Chapter 22

We safely made it back to the Air Temple. I sighed in relief now that it was all over.

"What are you doing in this thing?" Katara asked as we stepped off,"What happened to the war balloon?"

"It kinda got destroyed," Zuko replied.

"Sounds like a crazy fishing trip," Aang said.

"You guys really thought we went fishing?" Kaito said,"For over two days?"

"Did you at least get some good meat?" Toph asked.

"I did, the best meat of all," Sokka smiled,"The meat of friendship and fatherhood,"

"That sounds so wrong Sokka," I whined, cringing a bit.

Dad, Suki, and Chit Sang walked off the airship with a smile.

"I'm new. What's up everybody?" Chit Sang said.

"Dad," Katara smiled, running over.

"Hi Katara," They hugged.

"How are you here?" Katara asked then turning to Sokka and I,"What is going on? Where did you go?"

"We kind of went to a Fire Nation prison," Sokka responded,"And Sokka needed a partner who's willing to follow through his crazy plans," I added.

Dad pulled us all into a hug, I couldn't help but smile brightly.

"Seriously you guys didn't find any meat?" Toph asked.

>>>

I woke up to Zuko's head resting on my arm. I slowly got away, trying my best not to wake him and sitting up. I ran my fingers through my hair, snapping myself out of how we ended up sleeping like that. I looked down to Zuko, he was still asleep. The temptation of running my fingers through his hair excited me a little.

Then suddenly the whole temple shook. Aang quickly closed off the courtyard with his air bending as bombs exploded on the outside.

"Watch out!" Zuko and I yelled at the same time to Kaito and Katara.

Zuko rushed over lunging at Katara who was closer to him as I did the same to Kaito who was still dazed from her sleep.

"Thanks," Kaito breathed out.

"Anytime," I laughed a bit trying not to panic.

"Come on, we can get out through here!" Toph announced as she finished making a tunnel with Haru.

"What are you doing?" Aang asked as Zuko ran to the outside.

"Go ahead, I'll hold them off!" Zuko replied,"I think this is a family visit,"

Kaito followed right behind him ready to defend us.

"Don't worry about us just go!" She yelled out without looking back.

"No!" I yelled looking back at my siblings and Aang.

Sokka rushed to me,"Come on! We've got to get out of here!"

We all pulled on Appa's reins but he refused to enter the tunnel.

"I can't get him to go in there, Appa hates tunnels!" Aang said as we still struggled pulling the bison in.

"Aang, there's no way we can fly out of here,"

"We'll have to find a way,"

"Then we need to split up," I said Sokka nodded turning to the the rest of the group.

"Take the tunnel and get to the stolen airship," Sokka ordered.

"No!" Katara argued,"The Fire Nation can't separate our family again!"