Dr Burke quickly spun his heels around 'Wait. The Ellis Grey?'

I rolled my eyes and walked off.

Derek's POV:

I had a basic craniotomy booked this morning but before I wanted to get into the scrub room I planned on stopping by Meredith's office. I noticed her car out in the parking lot so I knew she was in today. As I was leaning on the back of the lift she walked through the doors. Her blonde hair bouncing over her shoulders as she walked. She was wearing some dark blue jeans and a plain green long sleeved top that clung to her body perfectly. There she was also holding her daughter Ellis the girl looked so much like her mother.

'Chief Grey.' I smiled.

'Good morning Dr Shepherd.' She spun her head around to look at me. 

Before I could say anymore I heard two voices shouting I recognised the first one as Burke's but I did not recognise the second more feminine voice.

'Chief Grey! Chief Grey!' The voices shouted.

Meredith's POV:

I headed into my office where I sat Ellis in front of my desk. I gave her some paper and pens as I know she loves colouring. It was less than 10 minutes by time my door opened showing Dr Burke.

'Excuse me Dr Burke but I do not believe you knocked.' I raised my brow.

'I do not have time for this Grey I want to know why you hired someone without my knowledge!'

'I suggest you walk out that door and gain a little respect and mind overs around you. My daughter is sat here and I am sure she does not appreciate a your rudeness and b you prescence. Step outside then step back in when you have calmed down.'

Burke stormed out the office as Teddy walked in.

'Meredith...' She quietly giggled.

'I told you he was ... well, like this.' I cringed.

'Seems like there's a little challenge.'

'Seems that way.'

'Oh is this little Ellis?'

'It is indeed I am so happy you finally get to see her.'

'She looks just like you mer.'

'Thankyou.' Just as our little chit chat was fading Burke came back in.

'Chief Grey.'

'Dr Burke glad to see you calmed down. Now do you remember that time in the O.R. where you tried to go over my head and I told you that you would now be co chief of the cardio department with someone. Well this someone is Dr Teddy Altman.' I held my hand out showing Teddy.

'You're not serious..'

'Dead serious Burke. Now if you could get on with this new information I am spending some time with Ellis.'

'Ah the famous Ellis Grey. Where is she I want to meet her.'

'Well what you want you don't get. Plus the Ellis I am talking about is here.' I moved to show my daughter. 'This is my daughter Ellis.'

'God grey your a young Chief and a young mum.' He laughed and Teddy took this as an opportunity to leave.

The way he laughed about it reminded me of my past. The past I have done everything to forget. It sent me in a blind phase.

'Get out.' I pointed to the door trying to keep my cool.

Derek then walked in clearly after something but by time I noticed he was there he had heard what Burke had said.