June 02 - How Did We End Up Here?

TW - Mild cussing, mentions of alcohol consumption

———————————————————————

It was early in the morning, about 6:43 AM. Two people lay in a small canoe, the even weight keeping it from tipping.

One was a male who seemed about 20, with short yet curly dark chocolate colored hair, a plentiful amount of freckles, and soft caramel eyes. His skin was pale, besides the freckles. It didn't seemed he got out often. Or at least, didn't tan often.

The other male in the boat had longer, light brown hair, cut medium length, with bangs that were tied behind his head. His features appeared more sharp, and his skin was tanned. His eyes were a soft gray-blue, yet the look in his eyes were most definitely not soft when he woke up.

"WHAT?!?!" He screamed, waking the other passenger of the small canoe.

A small yelp was let out from the freckled boy, as he scrambled up. Seeing the person he least expected to see.

"Brandon?!" The freckled boy called.

"PAUL?!?" Brandon screamed.

"WHAT'RE YOU DOING HERE?!?" "What're you doing here?!" The two screamed simultaneously, in there own way.

"I passed out on the couch at home, and suddenly I'm here!" Paul explained with fear.

Brandon scoffed.

"I was out at the bar, then I blacked out." He muttered.

"Whoa... how much did you have to drink?" Paul asked quietly.

"THAT DOESN'T MATTER!!" Brandon roared. "WHAT MATTERS IS THAT WE GET OFF THIS FUCKING BOAT!!"

"Yeah! I get that! What do you remember before blacking out?!" Paul said, already irritated by Brandon's early-morning screaming.

"I was at the bar with Miguel and Cooper! Then I drank too much and blacked out." Brandon said, trying to calm down. His leg bounced, however, signaling that he was still somewhat aggravated.

"I was expecting Miguel to come over at some time this morning or last night. What time were you at the bar?" Paul asked.

"It was a little past 11." Brandon said, slowly getting calmer.

"The only explanation is that Miguel did this..." Paul said.

Brandon begun to shake, trying to contain his fury. But then, he stood and screamed. "MIGUEL!!! I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS!!!"

The two let out screams at the canoe flipped, leaving them soaking wet, under a canoe.