Maeglor pursed his lips with a nod.

"Exactly." He confirmed. "For the past few months, he has been amassing vast, formidable forces of men that still stand by him, breeding hatred, anger and the desire to kill within them."

He gestured towards the camp behind me.

"It will be a bloodbath, one that men have never seen the likes of before."

I felt the same dread that gripped my heart when I first heard the screech of the Nazgul on that fateful day. Back then, dread was a paralytic. It slowed my thoughts and gripped my mind so tightly that I couldn't fight back—I could only stop and watch as everything around me fell into smoke and flames.

I refused to let that happen once more. That's why information from Maeglor was so valuable.

Now, dread was a motivator.

I shook my head, my frown deepening as I processed the dire news.

"But...who...what men?" I muttered, thinking aloud. "Who in this day still stands with the dark lord?"

"I know of two." Maeglor replied solemnly. "The Corsairs of Umbar are supposed to attack Minas Tirith from the south, cutting off your army and rendering them defenceless."

"When? How?" I asked.

If we wanted even the slightest chance at survival, we needed to know what we were up against.

"I cannot be completely certain, but-"

The crunch of twigs drew both our attention, and Maeglor instantly tensed.

I whipped around to see two soldiers emerging from around the corner.

"Hey! What are you two doing—"

Suddenly, the blonde one gasped, anger flaring in his eyes as his vision zeroed in on Maeglor beside me.

"...You." He snarled.

Before I could say anything, he drew his sword, causing the other brown-haired man to follow suit.

"That's the wretched creature who led the charge against Helm's Deep!"

"What?" The other one responded.

Beside me, Maeglor reached for his blade.

"I shouldn't have come." He muttered, his voice low and tense.

"No wait." I placed my hand over his, holding him back.

Why does this always happen whenever I make any sort of headway, I scowled inwardly. Violence was the last thing I needed—I was so close. If I could just get the men to back off...

But I could see the murderous rage burning behind the blonde man's eyes.

"Tonight, we avenge all those he ruthlessly slaughtered at the Hornburg!" He declared as he took a step towards Maeglor.

Instantly, I stepped forwards, placing myself between him and Maeglor.

"No, he's willing to talk!" I exclaimed. "He can shed light on Sauron's plans!"