You can't keep it...

No one's pov...

After a while the rest of the KND came back  from their long walks with filled stomachs. " what a day, i'd love to have another chili dog sometime," Hoagie explained. " Not me, i'm full," Number 5 said, sitting down on the couch. Numbuh 2 followed behind numbuh 5 and sat down from exhaustion. Once Nigel walked inside of their tree house he took in a deep breath and sighed with relief. " You all get to have some rest for today, i'll be in my room working on the monitors," he explained. " Ok Numbuh 1,' Abby shrugged. In response Hoagie sat in a thinking position." Ya know...I wonder what our missions is going to be like tomorrow," Hoagie said. Number 4 shrugged in response. " Beats me, but i bet we're going against those delightful dorks again," he said, becoming cocky. " When we see them i'll give them a left hook, and a wamp towards their chins and a kick and a right hook! and-" As he continued to explain, describing how he was going to take down the delightful children Numbuh 5 and 1 boredly watched as he continued to talk. Numbuh 4 continued to talk until he was interrupted by an angry numbuh 3.

" HEY! keep it down, Lily is trying to sleep," she angrily whispered. In response Wally gave her an angry look. " WHO THE HECK IS LILY?," he angrily said back. " My friend, and it would be best you keep quiet or else" she explained, giving him an even meaner look. With great curiosity Numbuh one approaches her. " Mind telling us who this Lily you are talking about is?," he asked. In response she backed away a little and shook her head. " I would, but i can't disturb her  while she's sleeping," she explained. In response Nigel cleared his throat. " You know the rules numbuh 3, after that incident it became a rule to identify all KND operatives and that includes Lily," he explained. " And that's an order," he finished, giving her a firmer look. In response she shook her head. " Ok, if you say so," she said. In happiness she skipped towards her room to go get Lily.

Once she was completely gone everyone in the meeting room looked at each other curiously and shrugged. As they waited numbuh one sighed, becoming a little impatient. " What's taking so long?," he slightly asked. " I don't know," Hoagie said, slightly shrugging. "Well than she better hurry, i have something better to do later on with number 362 and i can't be late for it" he simply explained. " Uh...it's only been 5 seconds, she'll be back," Numbuh 5 said, relaxing on the couch. Hoagie yawned in response. " You're right, no need to rush, Numbuh 1," he explained, causing Nigel to roll his eyes in response. " Whatever, hopefully she's back in 3 seconds. It's an order to be on time anyway" he explained, waiting at the door. " But today we don't have a mission," Numbuh 2 explained. " Fine by me, that means i get to relax," Numbuh 4 said, folding his arms.

 In response Nigel slightly rolled his eyes. " yeah, sure, whatever," he said, folding his arms in frustration. They waited another minute until she came back with a wrapped up baby in her arms. " Sorry it took forever, i had to make sure she was fed before i brought her out here," she said, smiling. In response Numbuh 5 and 2 stood up to see the baby. " Aw, ain't that a cute baby?," Abby happily asked, slightly tickling it. " Uh i got to say, it is a cute little sport," Wallabee said, looking the baby into it bright purple eyes.  " Hey Numbuh 1, come see the baby...she's so cute," Number 2 suggested. In response Nigel's eye slightly twitched. " A BABY!?!?," Number one angrily asked. " Numbuh 3 you should know that we don't have time for babies," he angrily stated. In response Kuki looked her leader in the eyes." But not just any baby," number 3 said happily. " This baby has no legs," she explained, taking the blankets off of the mysterious baby. The blanket fell on the floor revealing the baby's developed mermaid tail.

In both shock and horror Nigel, along with Hoagie and Wally jumped back  in shock. " NUMBER 3! WHERE THE HECK DID YOU FIND THAT THING!?!?," he shouted, pointing at the baby. "  Found it laying in our bushes," she happily said, slightly tilting her head to the side. " WOW! I never thought it was possible," Hoagie said in awe gently grabbing the baby from Kuki to have a better look. " Me neither," Number 5 said, giving the baby a small smirk. " But it can't be...mermaid babies aren't real, they are just a myth.....right numbuh 1?," Number 4 said, taking a closer look.  " Yes and we're putting  that...thing right back where it belongs," Nigel said, typing into the databases to get the battle ships ready. In response everyone curiously looked at him, shock plastered on their faces. " WHAT?!?!," they all shouted at the same time.

" You heard me," he said, typing even faster. " We are getting rid of that thing," he finished. In response Kuki slightly clenched on to Lily. " Lily is my friend, i would never give her away," she said, giving him an angry look. In response Numbuh 1 ignored her statement. " I don't care," he said, looking for available ships.  " We could get into serious trouble for having a mermaid in this KND treehouse," he explained. " Well... I don't care," Numbuh 3 said, slightly sticking her tongue out. Hoagie, Wally, and Abby all watched as Numbuh 3 and 1 continued to argue. " -It's always an order for you to be bossy," Numbuh 3 explained, pointing in his face. " Kuki, you don't even know what that thing is actually capable of...what if it mother comes and attacks us...thinking that we kidnapped her baby...or something?," he asked, trying to reason with her. " Well i found her first...finders keepers," she explained, hugging the confused baby tightly.  " Now i am keeping Lily and there's nothing you can do or say to change my mind...she's my best friend," she said, sticking her tongue out at him. In anger Numbuh ones eye under his sunglasses twitch. It's her...it's always her. Everytime she finds something extreme or simply dangerous she thinks she has to keep it no matter how much trouble sector: V could possibly be in. In all honesty he's just glad they survived long enough to not be decommissioned.

Instead of yelling Nigel kept his posture and fixed his glasses a little. " Numbuh 3 i am not in a mood for arguments on this...confusing evening," he explained. "I've made my decision already and that decision clearly states that you can't keep it and that's that...you can keep it for today but tomorrow we'll send it back to where it belongs first thing in the morning-" he explained. In response to the order that was made Kuki made a loud " Hmph" and stormed out of the room, holding on to Lily. Hearing the electric doors close Nigel sighed in frustration and laid his head on the computer, making a small bang sound. With great confusion plastered on his face Hoagie walked towards his leader and gently put his hand on his shoulder.

" Numbuh 1, i know it may sound stupid...but i don't really think it's a good idea to give Lily up so easily," he said. " Oh great, now you're attached," Nigel said, raising an eyebrow. " But sir, i'm being serious," he said,slightly raising his hands. " What if Lily somehow has a connection to the girl we have tied up in our security room?," he asked. At this moment Nigel started to  think, what if Lily DID have a connection to the Hurricane Katrina- uh...girl?

" Think about it, girl somehow ends up in our treehouse through massive strength,  attacks you, and somehow a merbaby ends up found in our bushes," he explained. " There's no way a baby with no legs would just crawl out of the water and travel for hours to end up here, with this discovery it would only make sense that the only reason why Kuki found Lily was because she could've been a companion, simply related to the girl in the room," he explained. " Hmmm," Nigel hummed, standing in a thinking position. As he thought it through he gave his team a more firmer look. " I suppose you're right, if what you're saying is true than this could benefit what we've learned about the ocean and everything in it," he  said. " So...what do you suppose we do?," Abby asked. Nigel was once again silent for a moment. He thought of what they should do until he finally answered.

" We'll have no choice but to keep her here until we can figure out more answers," 

alright that's all for today. I hope you like, comment, and i'll write to you next time

see ya : )