Chapter Thirty-Six

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, well, then don't respond." Simone sold her.

"Why, cause you agree with them?" Star asked her.

"I mean, I can have my own opinion, right?" Simone asked her.

"Yeah, you always have an opinion, Simone. For once could it be on my side?"

"I have always been on your side. I've been committed to this group, and we're supposed to be a team, but instead, you make it all about your damn self." Simone said making Artemis and Alex look at each other.

"I think about myself? You've done everything you can to get away from me and this group. Which is exactly why you ran off with Angel." Star told her.

"Please leave Angel out of this."

"You're the one leaving Angel out. Not me. You were clinging to him cause that's exactly what you do. But when you got sick of me, you followed his ass all the way to the D.R." Star said just as Miss Bruce walked in.

"No. I made sacrifices for us. There's a difference there, Star."

"Sure you did."

"Who knew that pregnancy would make you even more of a bitch?" Simone said smartly.

"Hey! Not today, you little she-devils." Miss Bruce said.

"Yes, we are doing it today!"

"I am so sick of her ass..."

"What you're gonna do today is get that song finished without tearing each other's heads up, and that's per Carlotta's orders" Miss Bruce yelled making Star and Simone stop arguing just as Alex's phone rang.

"Wait, Derek. I really, really need you to slow down, all right?" Alex said as she listened to him talk.

"Y'all make a bitch need a zanny." Miss Bruce said.

"For real Miss Bruce," Artemis said leaning back in the chair.

"No. Okay. All right. Look, I... I got to go." Alex said as she handed Artemis the songbook.

"Where you going?" Miss Bruce asked her as she left out.

"I need a break, too," Simone said before leaving out.

"Whew, chile," Artemis said as she rubbed her stomach.

.......

^ Artemis's outfit

^ Artemis's outfit.

"I knew I'd find you in here," Artemis said as she walked into the studio.

"Of course, I'm trying to knock out this album," Skyh said as Artemis sat on his lap.

"How are my two girls?" Skyh asked as he rubbed Artemis's stomach just as she kicked.

"She loves hearing her daddy's voice, and we are doing fine except for Simone and Star going back and forth," Artemis said rolling her eyes.