Chapter Nineteen

^ Artemis's outfit

^ Artemis's outfit.

"Good morning, everybody. Good morning, everybody."

"Good morning."

"Hey, sorry, I...was helping Derek," Alex said as rushed over to them.

"All right, you are all in competition to be the artist who puts Midtown Sound on the map. Good Day Atlanta will be here doing an in-house segment covering me and my new label, and two artists will be a part of that. You will all be singing today, performing at various venues. Those performances will determine who is highlighted on GDA." Ayanna told them.

"What is this, Ayanna's Got Talent?" Star whispered.

"More like Ayanna's Got Ego," Alex said chuckling.

"No, just chill. We got this." Miss Carlotta told them.

"Noah, Skyh you two will be a part of that segment. We will use Good Day Atlanta to announce your new contracts."

"Mass Effect, surprise. You're performing at The Loft. All right, all right. Seena Melody..."

"Looks like she already wants your boy front and center. Where do you want me?" Noah said to Star making Artemis listen to what they were talking about.

"From what I hear, you wouldn't know what to do once you got there."

"Big Trouble, you're performing at Atlanta Underground," Ayanna told them.

"Uh, we're performing at a mall?" Simone asked her.

"The hell would you have us perform at a mall for It's a waste of everybody's time," Star told her.

"I mean, we won Atlanta NextFest, didn't we?" Simone said.

"Until you have a sound, you don't know what you are."

"I have an idea. Don't put us with cheap-ass producers and maybe we'd find our sound." Artemis told her as she was about to step closer but Miss Carlotta pulled her back.

"I've put you with a producer who can help you find a sound. He remixed "Suga." You'll be singing it today. Carlotta... is there a problem here?"

"No. We'll do the gig." Miss Carlotta told her as she stepped forward.

"So, we know what we doing, everybody? Let's get money." Andy said before following Ayanna out.

"Relax, y'all I know how to play this trick here." Miss Carlotta told them.

"A remix in a mall is bull," Alex told her.

"A mall is what we got to prove who we are. Understand something, this woman is gonna make you work three times harder than any artist on this label." Miss Carlotta told them.

"But why? I don't understand that." Simone asked.

"First of all, she inherited you. She didn't get to choose you. But on top of that, you're four strong women, and that threatens her... Puts you on her level. So just slay the gig, and we'll be able to go for whatever the hell we want after that. I'll deal with Ayanna." Miss Carlotta told them.