I hesitate but I know that I need to open up. Plus, if he's part of this mafia thingy than I am sure it wouldn't be wise to keep something so concerning.

"He's been following me around the halls, he stares at me in class, purposefully making me uncomfy."

"I'll kill him." He says without hesitation taking me back a little.

I look down at my fries counting only six left. I pout. "That's okay, maybe you can give him a very stern warning. No need to hurt him, just tell him that I want him to stop and he needs to leave me alone." I pick up a fry and chomp on half of it before looking up.

When my eyes settle back on Massimo's all I see is the warm smile stretched across his face. Like he's silently cooing at me, like I'm a baby.

I'm not a baby.

"What?"

"You're so cute. We can try talking to Jake if that's what you want." He says it like he's only telling half of the truth.

I nod, "okay good. Maybe he has feelings too y'know. He's probably very sad about what Dad did his family. I would be sad too if someone hurt you, Luci, Dom, or Emi. Maybe he has a brother like I do, y'know?"

If his face couldn't get anymore adoring it definitely did after my piece. I look back down at my empty red basket that once held fries but now has grease stains soaking the checkered paper. I pout because I'm still really hungry.

Seeing this Massimo slides his fries towards me. I mumble a sheepish thanks before scoffing that basket of fries down too.

His phone rings a minute later, he doesn't look at the notification as he watches me eat. It isn't until the phone starts ringing does he flip his phone over to see who is bothering him.

"Oh for the love of god." He grumbles to himself before accepting the call and placing the phone next to his ear. "What do you want Dominic?" A pause, the annoyance leaves his face replaced with a furrow of his eyebrows. He looks like he can't believe what he's hearing.

"What the fuck do you mean?" He raises his voice at Dom. I cringe feeling bad for Dominic. "Excuse my language Florence. What the hell did you do to him?!"

Another pause. Frustration and annoyance washes over his eyes before he sighs rubbing his eyes like he's exhausted. I think we stress him out too much. He probably needs a big hug.

"Okay, we will be there soon." He mumbles before hanging up. "Your brothers are idiots." He states looking up at me. "Let's go, we have to visit Lucien at the emergency room."

"What happened?" My eyes shoot open. I don't want Luci to be hurt.

"Dominic punched Lucien while playing hockey, just the usual. Let's go now." So I grab his hand and let him lead me out of the diner not missing how he left a fifty dollar bill on the table.

When we hop in the car and start driving to the emergency room that is when Massimo starts to rant.

"Every month it's something new with those two. I don't know why I let those stupid morons be within five feet of each other let alone on the ice with wooden sticks and sharp skates! They are stupid, stupid, stupid. Everyday it's something knew; oh Dom stole my parking spot! Lucien stole my phone and threw it into the pool! I swear to god Florence, every day those two test my patience. For my sanity, please, I beg you, do not be like them. I just can't believe them! I told them to not cause trouble because that is what they do all the goddamn time..." The rant goes on and on for a solid ten minutes until we pull up to the general hospital.

He's fuming as we walk into the emergency room, yet he still squeezes my hand, reassuring me that even though he's angry, he's there for me in case I need him.