Chapter one

CHAPTER ONE: suzie, do you copy?

[══]ғεεℓ sσмεтнιηg[══]

SALEM THORN TURNED HIS HEAD TO THE CLOCK. He had gotten a job at the mall, as did Steve. Although Steve worked at an Ice Cream place,  Salem worked at one of the stores.

Both of the boys would go visit the other on their breaks.

Salem had been surprised when he had asked Steve out, and the other had said yes.

It was dark outside now, and Salem had taken his break before running to 'Scoops Ahoy'. He immediately entered the place, seeing Steve's co-worker; Robin.

The girl rolled her eyes, sighing. "How many people are going to visit him?" She questioned. "He'll be back in a second." She tells Salem.

[══]ғεεℓ sσмεтнιηg[══]

"Come here," Salem tells Steve, who had gone behind the counter in order to get Salem an ice cream.

"I'm getting you an ice cream," Steve replied, grabbing a cup and putting multiple scoops of ice cream in it.  Robin rolls her eyes.

"Thanks," Salem smiled at him.

Steve pulled a chair closer to Salem, having grabbed two spoons. Steve and Salem ate the ice cream. Robin rolls her eyes.

"When do you get off work?" Salem asked Steve.

There wasn't many people in the ice cream parlour. Which had surprised Salem, but he was glad. Maybe he could convince Steve to leave early with him.

Before Steve could answer, the lights shut off. Salem's eyes snapped up, looking around. Steve quickly got up, flicking the light multiple times.