Chapter 2: Daniel's Offer

Start from the beginning

"I guess I'm a Pokemon Master...... Aren't I?" Ash sounded slightly lost and very unsure of himself.

"Do you feel like a Pokemon Master?" Daniel asked in a serious tone.

Ash slowly trembled and turned to each of his Pokemon before sighing.

"No. I've achieved everything I set out to accomplish, all except that, and, well." Ash cut himself off, and Daniel noticed his face turn slightly bashful.

"Indeed. I know how you feel. Traveling to new regions, gym battles, and Pokemon leagues, it just doesn't feel quite the same anymore. What are you going to do now, if you don't mind me asking?"

Ash took a deep breath but soon saw his Pokemon come closer and embrace him. Daniel and his Charizard saw a fire light in Ash's eyes, and he almost sprung back up.

"I'm going to become a Pokemon Master, one way or another! I still have one goal left to achieve!" Daniel and his Charizard saw the same fire spread to Ash's Pokemon, and soon they all stared at them with burning enthusiasm.

"Really?" Daniel smirked with his Charizard.

"Hai! One day we will overcome you, Daniel! We won't ever give up!"

"Pika!!!"

"Grauuu!!!"

"Grouuu!"

"Nite!"

"Ape!"

"Gre!!"

Rather than look competitive or cocky, Daniel smiled back at Ash with immense pride.

"That's exactly what I wanted to hear, Ash."

"Eh?" Ash looked slightly confused.

"Do you know why I've watched your career with so much interest, Ash? Because of your ability to grow and bond with your Pokemon in such a short time. You've done more in a few years than most can accomplish in a lifetime."

"I had a lot of help along the way." Ash admitted before he felt Daniel's hand on his shoulder.

"So did we."

"Nani?" Ash's Pokemon looked just as surprised.

"Not many people know this, but we had a mentor early in our journey."

"You did!?"

"Pika!?"

Daniel nodded as he and his Charizard thought back to what were clearly many fond memories.

"Sensei came to Charizard and me when we were at our lowest and took us under his wing. Everything we've accomplished was because of him and his training."

"Grauuu." Charizard growled while nodding.

"Sensei always told me he saw something in me, a special kind of potential for true greatness. It's that same potential I've come to see in you, Ash. Your aura."

"Aura."

"Grouu." Lucario perked up with immense interest.

Daniel took a deep breath and made Ash as well as his team gaze in awe when his eyes flashed blue with Charizard's. All seven nearly yelped when they saw Daniel unleash a small aura sphere into a tree.

"You know of aura, Ash, and you have the ability to form exceptional bonds with your Pokemon because of it. Not just with your Lucario, but all your Pokemon. It's this aura bonding that enhances your ability to grow with your Pokemon, like your Greninja, for example."

All eyes turned to Greninja.

"I've never quite seen anything like your bond evolution with him. It was further proof that your ability to use aura could surpass even my own."