Sokka and I took off our helmets.

"Dad, it's us," Sokka said as we both smiled.

"My twins," His eyes watered with a warm smile as he pulled us both into a hug. It was so comforting,"You know Sokka, you should be more careful with that guard outfit on. I almost punched you in the gut," I snickered.

"Yeah, I ran into that problem earlier," Sokka said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Where's Bato?" I asked.

"And where's everyone else from the invasion?" Sokka added

"The others are being held at a prison near the Fire Nation palace. They singled me out as their leader and sent me here. But before I left, I met some young women who said they knew you," Dad said sitting against the wall,"The Oshinama fighters?"

I cocked a brow.

"You mean the Kyoshi warriors?" Sokka asked.

"Thats right,"

"Their leader Suki is here and she's going to escape with us," Sokka added.

"Good we'll need all the help we can get," Dad said.

"Prince Zuko too,"

"The son of the Fire Lord? I don't know him but I know of him," Dad said as I looked down a bit.

"Well he's here with a friend from the Fire Nation," Sokka said.

"Sounds like a major problem," Dad crossed his arms.

"Actually, he's on our side now. They both are," Sokka continued as my dad looked unconvinced, "I know, I had the same reaction after what they've done it was hard to trust them, but they've really proven themselves and we never would have found you without their help,"

Dad looked at me and I nodded.

"So do you have a plan?" Dad asked.

"We had one but some other prisoners got involved and ruined it," Sokka said.

"It's better this way, we would have been caught if we went with them," I sighed,"But were out of ideas,"

"I don't even know if there's another way off this island," Sokka said looking away from us.

"There is no prison in this world that can hold three Water Tribe geniuses," Dad said placing a hand on our shoulders pulling us close.

"Then we better find them," Sokka said jokingly as I groaned at the lame joke.

I went to tell Zuko the plan as Sokka went to find Suki and Kaito. Once I got to his cell two guards were escorting him somewhere else. I slowly followed behind, keeping a safe distance between us. They threw him in a room in one of the floored above his. A single guard was posted outside. I glanced inside to see Mai, I cursed to myself gritting my teeth, if she's here then Azula probably is too.

I turned my back to the door, staying outside as if I was just an extra guard. The other guard simply nodded at my presence, so I returned the nod. I took a deep breath as I listened to their conversation.

"The truth is, I guess I don't know you. All I get is a letter? You could have at least looked me in the eye when you ripped out my heart,"

Zuko wrote Mai a letter?

"I didn't mean to-" Zuko tried to say.

"You didn't mean too?! Dear Mai, I'm sorry that you have to find out this way but I'm leaving. What we ha-." She read as I covered my mouth.

"Stop! This isn't about you. This is about the Fire Nation," Zuko said,

"Thanks Zuko, that makes me feel all better,"