chapter 14

Seeing as they hadn't known each other for long, it was a new and unexpected sight to hear the shop door open to the Angel of Death with a nervous smile as Siren hung onto him. Siren was most definitely drunk and Tommy was not paid to take care of drunk people, he was paid to give them drinks. "Can we stay in here for a bit," the Angel gestured to Siren, "As you can see, he's not exactly doing very well. Had a little too much to drink." Right, a little.

If it weren't for the fact he felt bad at the idea of kicking them out with Siren being drunk, for some reason still in costume, and the Angel, also in costume, having to take care of a drunk Siren, he would have kicked them out. He was tempted to even though the idea made him feel bad, but his heart told him that he should let them stay so he did since he is Tommy and he is always right because he is the best. No one deserved to have to take care of Siren nevermind Siren when he was drunk.

He didn't mind drunk people too much as long as they weren't the bad kind or the alcoholics who were always drunk. He also didn't want to deal with the criers since he couldn't handle some drunk person crying to him about something; he couldn't handle people crying, especially if he didn't know the person. Tommy never cried, obviously, since he was the biggest man.

"Yeah, just remember to close the curtains." Tommy nodded at them. He watched as the Angel sat Siren down onto the closest seat and closed the curtains. He wasn't sure about the relationship between Siren and the Angel, but he knew that the Angel cared about Siren a lot or he wouldn't have been dealing with it. He closed the curtains without complaint and looked at Tommy with what he assumed to be an apologetic look. Tommy gave an awkward smile to say it was okay even though it wasn't and he really didn't feel like dealing with a drunk person, "Need a water to help, I don't know, sober him up or something?" Or at least lessen the headache he would have when he woke up with a hangover, but he didn't say that cause he didn't actually care that much about Siren, that's what he thought at least, he open the fridge ready to get one and looked over at the Angel who nodded, sitting next to Siren.

"Water would be good, thanks, mate."

He walked over to them with a water bottle and gave it to the Angel without a word, the Angel muttering a thanks as he opened the bottle for Siren. Tommy was slightly confused as to why they were there, there were better places to be drunk. Like at home. Somewhere safe. Unless they both considered the shop to be safe enough. Maybe they just thought that Tommy was too weak to hurt him, but that wasn't it so it was clearly 'cause they felt safe in his protection. "We're here cause Siren over here missed you, he kept telling me he felt bad he hasn't been visiting lately and he doesn't have a 'good' reason except a lack of motivation." Oh. Turned out he didn't need to ask anyways.

Tommy didn't understand people who felt bad over little things like that. He didn't think it was something that should be apologized for since it wasn't their fault. Siren couldn't control his emotions, so he couldn't control how motivated he would be to see people and to go out, he didn't mind not seeing Siren for a week, Tommy saw him all the time anyways. He shrugged, "Nothing to feel bad about." Tommy stared at Siren who had his head down on the table, he definitely drank more than 'a little' too much. The Angel nudged at Siren, telling him he should drink water.

He was completely out of cause when Siren looked up, he turned his head to Tommy and smiled at him. From that smile alone he could tell that Siren was completely out of it. Siren's smile was usually bright, but this smile was one that made him look like he was in a dream state, like he was the one who was mind controlled.

Oh. Tommy realized. He was a happy drunk. And he didn't know whether he should've been relieved or not. "Tommy!" Siren said like it was some surprise to see Tommy at the only place he had ever seen him. "What are you doing here?" Siren really was the kind to be completely unaware of his surroundings when he was drunk, Tommy should have expected that, but he didn't so he could only stare at Siren in silent judgement. It was silent, but his judgement was clear in his face as the Angel's lips quirked at the sight, Siren in his state was completely unaware of what was happening.

"I work here." Was he purposely trying to deadpan at Siren? No, but it did come across that way since he didn't go out of his way to fake some sympathy. "You should drink the water." Tommy nodded his head towards the water in the Angel's hand. Siren obliged and grabbed the water, sitting up to drink it, Tommy 'not being able to stand looking at him struggle', eventually steadied Siren's hand, making SIren at the fact Tommy was comfortable to initiate any physical contact even if it wasn't much.

After he drank the water, he stared off into nothing and blinked, "Oh." Tommy didn't know what happened, but it probably had something to do with him being at the coffee shop, only somewhat gaining consciousness of his surroundings after the water. He still didn't have a hold on his emotions though seeing as he still had the same smile when he did smile again.

Tommy mentally apologized both to the Angel of Death and the Blade. No one deserved the torture of having to watch Siren all the time, the Angel had to go all the way to the coffee shop because Siren felt bad about something. All the way , Tommy thought, but he didn't actually know how far the coffee shop was from their home; assuming they lived together.

Siren tugged on the fabric of Tommy's shirt, making Tommy look down at him, his head back down on the table. He waved for Tommy to lean his head down like a toddler trying to tell someone a secret. Tommy did it simply so Siren wouldn't complain and throw a tantrum like a child.

He whispered, horribly at that, but it was an attempt. That part didn't matter though.

"Tommy," Siren started, "My name is Wilbur."