chapter 7

he Dream Team coming was a surprise but the fact that they were all together wasn't surprising because they were always seen with each other, so when both the Blade and Siren came into the coffee shop one night, it was even more of a sight. If he thought the Blade looked intimidating when he was there alone, it was strangely even more intimidating with Siren there.

Having Siren there should have been comforting because he was used to him, but the size difference between the Blade and Siren was a strange sight and also a scary one. Tommy certainly wasn't scared of it but to most people, it would be terrifying. Siren himself was taller than Tommy who was already 6'3 (not 6'2) and was probably around 6'6. The Blade was shorter, around Tommy's height but his presence was enough to send chills down his spine. Not Tommy's spine, of course, Siren's spine. Siren is a wuss after all. But not only was his presence strong, but he had a lot of bulk to him, he was clearly strong and next to Siren's more lanky figure, there was a stark contrast.

"You're both here? What's the special occasion," Tommy joked, then he looked at Siren, "Siren, can you close the curtains."

Siren, refusing to listen to a child tell him what to do, turned to the Blade, "You heard him, close the curtains." When the Blade instead decided to sit down at the seat that Siren usually sat at, Siren decided that he would take things into his own hands. Which one would assume meant that he decided to close the curtains instead of making it a big deal, but anyone who knew Siren knew that when he took things into his own hands, he made it a bigger deal and very dramatic at that. "Blade, I said close the curtains." He said with a smug smile.

The sentence itself wasn't special, but hearing it gave Tommy shivers. Not out of fear though. He had only ever heard of Siren's abilities, but he had never seen Siren use them in person. That was probably because no one else but them were usually in the shop and Siren had never used his abilities on Tommy. Even though the command was not directed at Tommy, he felt a strong urge to go and close the curtains himself, and he might have too if not for the fact he watched as the Blade got up from his seat and closed the curtains himself.

The rings of the curtains against the metal rod that held them up snapped him out of his daze. He blinked in shock. "Thanks."

Tommy guessed that Siren noticed when Siren looked at him and sucked in a sharp breath, "Oh," he said. "I forgot you've never seen me use my powers before." He nodded mutely at that, still slightly out of it. Siren looked down a little, "Sorry, I'll try not to do that again in front of you, you're not used to it."

That sentence actually brought Tommy back to reality, "What? No, you shouldn't have to worry about me being here, it is your power after all. You can use it all you want as long as you're not hurting anyone." Tommy was very adamant about people being able to use their powers, it was somewhat a hot take especially for older generations. For a lot of people, it's unhealthy to not use their powers and keep it in. On top of that, if it's something vocal like Siren's, it's easy to get headaches after a while.

Siren for some reason looked like he was happy to hear that, Tommy didn't know why because what he said was just common sense. Techno turned his head sharply to Tommy when he heard Tommy say that Siren should be allowed to use his powers whenever he wanted. "Then why don't you use yours more?" Siren asked, sitting down across from where he usually sat because someone was taking up his seat, he rested his chin on the palm of his hand.

Tommy thought about that for a moment, he never really thought about it much, because to most people, he wasn't an avian at all. He whistled a quick, sharp note, "Well, there's not much to use when I don't have wings and the mimicking voices thing is kind of a habit that I used to do when I wanted to annoy someone or distract someone at the orphanage or foster homes I was at." Tommy hummed slightly, "I can't really use my powers but I do show some quirks, I guess, I do whistle sometimes, but since I'm not around other avians I don't get to chirp or anything." Not that he wanted to chirp anyways, he was a big man and big men don't chirp.

Siren looked concerned at that, but he didn't say anything probably because he wouldn't have been able to really do anything. Tommy didn't understand that either, there was nothing to be concerned about because he can take care of himself. He didn't understand a lot of things, Siren confused him a lot, always worrying over little things.

"Earl grey and a straight black coffee, right?" Tommy asked, it was getting too quiet because neither Siren nor the Blade said anything.

Siren hummed, "What do you recommend to drink from here?"

Tommy looked at the menu, "I guess for stuff we make the cafe latte is pretty good, but I prefer Coke over coffee or tea. Straight black is the easiest to make though so if you're going to add an order--"

Siren interrupted him, "Add a Coke, too."

Tommy knew what he meant but a wide smile donned his face, "I don't think we have what you want, big man." Siren bit back a smile and rolled his eyes. Because Tommy couldn't see his face, Tommy would associate different things to different expressions so he wasn't even sure if what he would imagine they were doing was actually what they were doing, so even though he couldn't prove that he was actually rolling his eyes, that was what he thought he did and the fact Siren was who he was made it pretty easy to believe he would roll his eyes as much as he did.

"Shut up, Tommy. Just get me a cola."

"Ew, who says cola." Siren just stared at him. "Fine, I'll get you a coke." he said, the 'fine' sounding forced in an attempt at fake annoyance.

"Why are you both here?" Tommy asked, get a cola out the fridge to place on the serving tray. He turned on the coffee machine and started on the tea as the coffee cup filled up. Siren had found that whenever there was a change in routine, Tommy always asked questions about why it happened. Siren called Tommy a child a lot, but Tommy was actually like a child sometimes like when he asked about why things were the way they were.

Siren and the Blade looked at each other, then they looked at Tommy, and shrugged. "No reason, really. We just both felt like coming." The Blade nodded in agreement with Siren.

When Tommy carried the tray of drinks over to Siren and the Blade and placed the drinks down on the table, Siren laughed at him, "Wow," he said, Tommy almost believed that he was actually impressed, "You can actually do that without spilling everything." But of course Tommy knew that he was going to be sarcastic about it. If he were younger than Tommy it would be considered snarky. Siren was mature like that. See? Tommy could be sarcastic, too.

With the encouragement to use his abilities from before, "Wow Tommy, thank you so much for the coffee, I am forever in your debt." Tommy said in a perfect imitation of Siren's voice. Siren knocked his knuckles on Tommy's head in faked annoyance before taking a sip of his tea.. It made him freeze, it was the first time they made physical contact. When Siren glanced at Tommy and saw that, Tommy imagined that his eyebrows furrowed.

"Sorry, did that cross a line? Should I not touch you?" Siren asked, worry laced in his voice. Tommy shook his head.

"No, it's all good, it was just a little unexpected," Tommy said, blinking before he ruffled his curly, blond hair. "I don't really mind, my roommates are pretty touchy, so I'm used to it. They're very clingy I tell you, it's ridiculous." Siren huffed a laugh out of relief, but it was definitely because of how funny Tommy was.

Tommy brightened, Coca-Cola was his favorite drink, but he didn't get to drink it much because soda was too expensive. Seeing that, Siren didn't regret buying him the drink.