chapter 9

Tommy knelt in front of the glass of the window. He stared into the eyes of one of the crows. It blinked at him. He blinked back. He honestly didn't know why there was a murder of crows outside of the store, but they were welcome. But also it was very weird to see an eye of an animal he couldn't see blink at him. Tommy couldn't see the crows until he saw one blink at him and then he noticed all the others. Their feathers were pitch black, making them blend into the dark of the night. The only feature to identify them with was the gleams in their eyes.

He would not admit to jumping up onto his feet when the door was suddenly opened, he would not admit it because he didn't do that. He never got scared of anything.

When he turned to the left, there stood the final, most mysterious member of the SBI, the Angel of Death. Now, this may have sounded like a stretch but Tommy thought that maybe he had that name for a reason and it probably wasn't very good. But oh well, what happens happens.

"Hi?" Tommy said, sending a small wave towards the Angel. He stretched his back, loosening up after kneeling. When he stopped and looked at the Angel properly, he saw why people thought of him as so ominous. Everything he wore was dark except for a bucket hat with green and white stripes, his wings were the same black if not slightly lighter from the vanes of the feathers reflecting the light of the shop. They had the bluish tint, the one that crows had. It kind of stunned him seeing the size, honestly surprised the Angel was able to enter the room with them. It made him think of what he could have had. That's besides the point anyways, the Angel also wore a mask like the other two. They all had unique masks, but his was by far the most beautiful, it was shaped like a beak over the bridge of his nose and was covered in small, almost scale looking feathers, one side having a small arrangement of longer feathers flowing off from the central mask.

Tommy wasn't sure what he expected from the Angel, but it certainly wasn't a voice with an accent as thick as his was, "Hey there, mate." The weirdest part of this interaction was hearing him speak for the first time, out of all the members of the SBI, he had the most anonymity. The Blade wasn't exactly subtle with his getup of a mock of a royal and a pig's skull for a mask (it being a real one or not, no one knew), and Siren wore a pretty basic outfit, only so many people could hide while being as tall as Siren was and everyone who didn't live under a rock knew what Siren sounded like--he did need to use it for his power to work, after all. The Blade's voice was somewhere out there, too, but it wasn't as common knowledge unless it was actively searched for.

Tommy looked at the crows that stood outside of the window like they were waiting for something, and then he looked back at the Angel, "Are these yours?"

The Angel looked at the crows, and Tommy only knew this because he saw his head turn, Tommy saw his mouth form a fond smile, "Yeah." He said. "They like to follow me around, they won't really do anything, don't worry. They'll just wait outside until I leave."

He gave a thumbs up, "Alright then, would you like something to drink?"

"Just a water for now, Blade drinks enough coffee for both Siren and I." He said 'Blade' and 'Siren' like they were foreign to him, he probably called them by their real names more. He didn't really talk, or well, do anything that could give hints to his identity in front of people, so it wasn't like he ever actually needed to use the names for Siren and the Blade.

"That's true," Tommy agreed, opening the fridge, "Bottled?" He asked, looking towards the Angel from where he was, back bended down to reach for the bottled water that the day time employees decided would be nice to put at the very bottom level of the fridge.

"Sounds good, thanks, mate." And the Angel caught the water bottle tossed to him easily. He sat down at a table, a random one that none of the other villains had sat at yet, that didn't say much considering there were 5 other villains and there were enough seats for up to 35 people, but it felt offputting nonetheless with the change of pace. "That's not what I wanted to come here for though, appreciate the water though, how much?"