"He wanted to know where your father could be held," He replied giving in.

"And where would that be?" I asked, knowing what Sokka was going to plan to do if he had a location.

"The Boiling Rock," Zuko answered as my heart fell a bit. The Boiling Rock was rumored to be the worst prison in the entire Fire Nation according to books.

"Damn it," I muttered,"Meet me on Appa before midnight," I said.

>>>

I sighed as I sat on the ledge, waiting for midnight to come. A tap on my shoulder caused me to turn around. It was Kaito who then sat down next to me.

"So your going to the Boiling Rock," Kaito suddenly said making me jolt straight up.

I looked around to see if anyone was listening. No one was there, I sighed.

"Yea," I said.

Kaito let out a deep sigh before turning to me,"It won't be easy,"

"I know," I smiled,"It doesn't matter. If he wants to do this then I'll be there for him,"

Kaito hummed as we became silent once more. I was grateful to her for trying to be so understanding, she was probably the one of the only people who would listen to me first before speaking who wasn't my family.

"I'm coming with," She hummed out.

"You sure," I asked.

Kaito simply nodded with a small smile.

Thank you.

>>>

It was a little while before midnight as I got on Appa. No one was there yet. I sat on the very back of the saddle. After a bit Zuko joined, jumping realizing I made it there before him. We didn't speak as he climbed on. I sighed then listened to our breathing in the silence, just waiting for when my brother and Kaito to come. We looked at each other and quickly looked away, both embarrassed after staring at each other for a long time.

"I miss you," Zuko spoke up breaking the silence.

I closed my eyes as I listened to our breathing. I tried so hard to remain calm.

"You said you still love me," He continued, my heart raced.

"I'm not ready to forgive you," I said looking at him in the eyes.

"I can wait," Zuko said,"But I wont stop trying to get you back,"

I leaned back as we waited, Kaito joined soon after, adding to the already awkward tension that was in the air.

"I hate being the third wheel," Kaito sighed under her breath.

Zuko and I both snapped in her direction with a blush.

"Oh I said it out loud," Kaito said apologetically.

I sighed leaning back again, looking to the night sky. A few minuted passed, that's when Sokka tried to climb on Appa.

"Not up to anything huh?" Zuko said making Sokka jump back and hit the floor.

"Fine, you caught me. I'm going to rescue my dad, you happy now?"

"I'm never happy," Zuko responded.

I jumped off Appa giving Sokka a judging look.

"Look, I have to do this. The invasion plan was my idea. It was my decision when things were going wrong," He turned around as I followed signaling Zuko and Kaito to come with

"Well he's our dad, I'm not going to let you go there alone,"  I replied.

"It's my mistake, and it's my job to fix it. I have to regain my honor," Sokka said.

"I know," I said, if my brother wants to see this through I have no choice but to stay by his side.

"You need to regain your honor. Believe me I get it, I'm going with you," Zuko replied.

"No, we're doing this alone," Sokka said holding his hand out for me to climb Appa.

"No, your not," Kaito said crossing her arms.

"How are you going to get there?" Zuko asked,"On Appa? Last time I checked prisons don't have bison day cares,"

"He's got a point Sokka," I said,"What's your plan?"

Zuko and Kaito looked to each other with a nod.

"We'll take the war ballon," Kaito replied.

Sokka hopped down as we followed the two.

Once we got into the air, I took in a breeze passing by my face. I smiled a bit, Sokka placed a blanket over my shoulders,"Get some sleep, "

I nodded,"Don't stay up too long either," I leaned against the wall of the balloon curling myself in a ball.

Kaito also decided to sleep next to me, immediately falling asleep before even saying goodnight to anyone. I hummed slowly falling asleep a little while after.

"You know a friend of mine actually designed these war balloons," Sokka said as I slowly opened my eyes. I stayed in place as if I was sleeping not wanting to interrupt their conversation.

I closed my eyes again after seeing Kaito who was still sleeping.

"No kidding,"

"Yep a balloon but for war," Sokka said a bit proud.

"If there's one thing my father's good at, it's war," Zuko replied.

"Yeah, it seems to run in the family," Sokka said.

"Hey, hold on, not everyone in my family is like that,"

"I know I know, you've changed," Sokka replied.

"I meant my Uncle, he was more of a father to me and I really let him down," Zuko said in a sad tone.

"I think your uncle would be proud of you," Sokka said, I smiled on the inside, he was finally opening up to him,"Leaving your home to help us, that's hard,"

"It wasn't that hard," Zuko said.

"Really?" Sokka asked,"You didn't leave behind anyone you cared about?"

"No, Kaito and I wanted to do the right thing. And I came back to make it up to Kya. I want to prove to her that she didn't waste her time on me,"

"You should be grateful, Kya is more forgiving then she lets on," Sokka is a bit hissy.

"What if she never does?" Zuko asked giving a long pause.

"She will eventually, thats the kind of person she is," Sokka said, giving another long pause,"My first girlfriend turned into the moon,"

"That's rough buddy." Zuko replied.

I 'woke up' a bit after it was starting to get dark. Sokka went to sleep, I wrapped him in the blanket he gave me as he snored. I smiled a bit. Kaito then woke up to stretch but went right back to sleep realizing we still haven't made it yet.

"How much did you hear?"  Zuko asked as I acted innocent.

"I don't know what your talking about," I lied.

"You could've been an actress," Zuko laughed a bit under his breath.

I looked at him as the breeze went through our hair. My heart raced as he caressed my jawline. His hand slowly reached mine that was resting to my side, his warm hands sparking a familiar sensation though my body. It was so hard trying to control myself. I glanced behind Zuko as I saw the island in the distance.

"We're here," I had patted Zuko's shoulder twice before yanking Sokka's blanket off.
—-
(A/N: Hai well I almost slept the full day but I did not forget to post this morning heh. However when I was not asleep I watched A Nation of Broth on Netflix and I 100% recommend if your a foodie. It also reminded me of Kya the entire time. Another note is that Kaito's story will be turned into a book according to my friend who is the owner of Kaito and her entire story so once I am done with my series we will be working on that together so YAY. )