Chapter 1: A fresh start

TWs from prolouge! They are TWs for the whole book, so if you read this far with being fine, then I guess you'll prolly continue to be. If not, leave now!! This is not a joke!!
Enjoy!
-------------
After several hours, maybe 12 or more, Tommy had enough iron for iron armour and tools.

It was not fun.

He barely took breaks to sit down and energise, but the blond did what he had to.

It worked out in the end though. Tommy even acquired a diamond pickaxe and found a lava pool underground. The moment he did his hopes went up even more and gave him enough motivation to finish what he has begun.

After putting cobblestone in his furnace and smelting it back into stone, the blond packed everything he had left. He put his Pictures of Tubbo into his enderchest that survived the explosions and proceeded underground while blocking his path with different stone types to match the surroundings.

That was quite some work the blond managed to do.

He wished he could lie down, sleep without any nightmares and wake up knowing that the entire day was a lie. A simple nightmare he had.

Maybe then he'd get enough courage to sleep at all to not end up asleep without any memory of it.

But this nightmare of a life was too real to be a simple lie.

With a heavy sigh he arrived at the Lavapool, taking a minute to take in the bubbling brightness in front of him.

The lava looked so comforting that day.

The blond smiled going near the lake and crouching in front of it. The heat didn't bother him. It was strange how it didn't, but he wouldn't question it.

All he knew, is that he liked the warmth. Tommy stayed like that gor some time, staring into the bright liquid, while admiring it.

But he didn't have the time.

Reluctantly he stood up and built a special construction that would allow the water to flow in a certain way, that would help make the portal.

Building a portal without mining the obsidian first and placing it in a frame-like construction was weird for him.

He had a pickaxe and could mine the obsidian, so why go through the trouble?

Simply because the blond felt uneasy the whole time. Mining the obsidian takes a long time. He didn't want to mine it while being on edge.

Especially not when every noise coming from the cave makes him jump.

The fact that he saw other people do it  this way before definitely helped.

Prime, was he happy he did it first try.

He lit the portal.

Finally. Finally he could see those purple swirls again. Finally he could feel the warmth the portal emitted.

Finally he could flee.

He stared at it in awe, taking in every big swirl that makes up the surface. The little particles danced out from the portal, floating around the blond before disappearing.

Tommy grinned brightly.

He felt relieved.

He finally felt relieved and happy after such a long time.

It wasn't the relief he had whenever Dream came, when he felt alone. Too lonely to even care that it was the devil himself that visited him.

It wasn't the relief that he had, whenever Dream didn't notice him being genuinely hateful towards him.