Chapter 5

((Sunggyu's POV))

I didn't go to school today because I felt like chilling out a bit. Music was the best distraction, so I sat in the recording room for hours, practicing again and again. Then I notice Yu-hae, Jongwa and Eric coming in the basement. In the end, I still need to face her and can not keep hiding like this.

"Anneyong..." I greeted them, still avoiding eye contact with Yu-hae, but I felt terrible ignoring her.

"Let's ..... practice ..... we... don't have much time." Yu-hae blurted out and quickly went to the side to put down her guitar. Jongwa started setting up the microphones and Eric started playing random beats with his drumsticks. I took a deep breath and walked to the center of the band.

"5,6,7,8...." Eric counted as our music started off with some beat. Then I finally finished the second chorus and comes the guitar solo climax. Yu-hae started with a smooth picking pattern and started to add more intense patterns as I can hardly fingers anymore, they were moving so fast like crazy, at last she ended of with three loud strumming chords. We all were stunned that we all forget to finish the song.

"Bwae?" Yu-hae asked as she saw everyone stopped. "Was is that terrible?"

"Cha-len-da(good job)!" Jongwa ran over to hug her and that lit up her face with a smile as I saw her from a distance. This time it wasn't me that made her smile, just by thinking of that simply made me depressed. I still manage to gather beside her.

"Cha-len-da....." I said as I raised my fist, she hesitated for a bit, but still gave me a punch and chuckled a bit.

"Thanks Sunggyu, my best friend....." Yu-hae said. I didn't know why but the words 'best friend' sounds a little disturbing. But maybe that's what she wants. We were meant to be just friends and nothing more.

--------------------------------------------------
((Yu-hae's POV))

"Yu-hae! Wake up! Remember to take your little brother to granny's!" I struggle to open my eyes as I heard Emmoa yelled down the hallway.

"Arasoo!" I blurted out as I buried my head back into the pillow. Wait! What time is it know? I quickly grabbed my phone beside my bed. Oh god! It's eleven! And today is the annual competition and I only have one hour to prepare! I hurried into the bathroom and quickly organized myself, cleaning myself up a bit and grabbing some decent clothes. I carried my guitar and rush down stairs.

"Chan! Time to go to granny's!" I yelled as I took a look at my watch, expecting my brother to come down this minute. "Chan!" I yelled again but still there was no respond. I stomped to his room and fiercely opened the door." What's taking you so long I'm almost late!"

"Noona......" Chan said in a weak voice as he curled up in bed. Something doesn't seem right. I walked towards him and place my palm on his forehead. It was burning! He has a terrible fever. I checked my watch again.

"Aishii.... only fifteen minutes left." I hesitated a bit." come on let's get you to the hospital."

------------------------------------------------
((Sunggyu's POV))

"What's taking Yu-hae so long?" Jongwa yelled as he walked back and forth backstage.

"I called.... but she didn't pick up...." Eric said as he kept dialing her number. I was worried that something might have happened to her. I ruffled my hair.

"Just give her a little time.... she will come...." I said trying to calm Jongwa and Eric down, but inside I was worried sick, Yu-hae has never been late before.

((Yu-hae's POV))

"Kasahamida( thank you) heomoni(granny)!" I closed the door of my brother's ward, having heomoni take care of him. I hopped on my bike and hurried to the competition destination. Bali bali! I murmured to myself as I wish my legs could paddle faster. I'm late I'm late, this was all that repeated in my head that I didn't notice a car charging towards me. "Ahhhhh.." I sceamed as I crashed down by the street scraping my left arm all the way down to my fingers. " Ashiiii.... " My left ribs also felt strong pain. I managed to get up and back on to my bike. Blood started dripping down my hand.

"Gwenchanayo!" The driver came out to see if I was alright. I quickly faked a smile and hurried on to the destination.

-------------------------------------------------

The strong pain on my left arm still didn't wear away as I finally got to competition location. I wore on my jacket to cover the wounds of my left hand, wishing no one will notice it. Fighting! I said to myself before going in, trying to hold back all the pain.

((Sunggyu's POV))

"Yu-hae! You're here! Come on we are next to go!" I heard Jongwa yelled as I saw Yu-hae walked in the backstage. Something doesn't seem right, her face was pale like a piece of paper.

"Gwenchanayo?" I asked as I walked towards her. She bit her lips as she nodded. I grabbed her hand but she quickly shook it off. Was she really okay?

"Chiaja!" Yu-hae mumbled as we all heard our band name being called. "fighting!" She forced a smile at me.