Is it just me?

He was just five.

A child, intelligent for his age, well-mannered, curious and innocent.

That's when his parents told him it was time for him to attend his first 'Supreme's Blessing'. He was scared, naive as he entered the place in new ashy grey clothes that many children of his age seemed to be wearing too. The rest, who were older had worn faded yellow clothes.

It looked so bleak and desolate as he entered through the huge gate with his parents and elder sister in a line. It wasn't much later when he was harshly pulled out of the line by men dressed dark green uniforms with a black vest on, which had a strange sign on it. He had a black mask on with black visor helmet.

"Eomma!" He cried out for his mother as the huge man dragged him away, out of the line to somewhere else. His mother's unnatural blue eyes bore in his own brown ones as she gave him a beautiful smile. A bit too beautiful for the situation.

"Let the kind Great Commander take you for your Blessings, darling."
And Namjoon had no other option but to let the man lead him.

They reached a huge empty building where the entrance was crowded with so many children his age with the same grey clothes as his. Pale, scared faces everywhere. These children felt the complete opposite of what the elders were feeling.

Maybe inside it was more fun?

Yeah.... that had to be it.

Maybe they give those expensive sweets you get on the small sticks with thick plastic wraps.

Suddenly, the entrance door opened with a deep, echoing creek. Mortified, he couldn't find the will to move when more of the Commanders came out, suits green but with golden and black swirls on the vest.

Crying children, all his age, were pushed in the place. Suddenly, Namjoon felt a bruising grip on his arm, just a bit above his elbow, when a Commander mercilessly dragged him in the hall. Biting back a sob, Namjoon let himself be led by them.

Passing several doors of a long hallway that never seemed to end, they finally reached in front of a door, a simple black shiny door, with the strange symbol he'd seen over the vests of the Commanders.

"Will you– let me go home... after this?" Namjoon heard someone say meekly.

He turned around to see a kid, frail and bony like him, looking up at a Commander with glossy eyes who merely grunted as an approval. Looking around, making sure no one was watching him, Namjoon made his way to the kid silently.

"Hey," he whispered, making sure to smile because his sister told that his dimples looked pretty.

"Hi! Is this your first time here too?" He asked, lips forming a beautiful heart-shape. "By the way, I'm Hoseok, but my friends call me Hobi!"

"I'm Namjoon but you can call me Joon!"

"So, after the Blessing can we meet again? Maybe at the park... or at school! Which section of Shun are you in?"

"In 'A'. Wha—"

The door opened with a bang, cutting them both off. The Commanders didn't waste a second to assemble the children into a line roughly. Slowly they all entered the room, mouth agape, jaws hanging on the floor.

It was a hall. A huge one. It was full of desks and chairs placed almost 3 hands away. Each table had a strange device with a screen, the surroundings hooded. Suddenly, a Hologram in the front of the room appeared, showing a person covered in full black, with only golden eye like shapes on the black mask.