Chapter 12: Then Who Is?

Carmen Silver's P.O.V

 The weekend came and went, and I didn’t get a chance to see any of my friends that weekend since I did have quite a bit of homework to do and they all were busy anyways.

During the whole bus ride to school I was tugging anxiously on the ends of my hair. All I kept thinking about was Austin

“Calm down? Calm down?!” I screeched. “I’m a werewolf and Austin’s a vampire? And you want me to calm down?”

I shuddered.

“Let me guess,” I said, holding one hand up to stop him from talking. “Werewolves and vampires hate each other, right?”

“Yeah,” Matt said, nodding his head. He smiled briefly at me.

“Wow, this is so cliché.” I said, scrunching up my face. “It sounds like a really bad Dracula/vampire/werewolf horror movie.”

“Yeah, except we have a reason to hate them besides them just being bloodsuckers.”Liam said, looking serious for the first time during this entire meeting.

“And that is?” I questioned.

“You know all those disappearing kids? Turning dead; slaughtered, drained of blood?”

A wave of sickness washed over me; this wasn’t going to be good.

“It’s them, Carmen.” Matt said, grief and anger flashing in his eyes.

“Austin and his friends are killers.”

It couldn’t be true. There was no way that Austin could be a psycho killer. But then again….werewolves and vampires do exist, so it’s not exactly outside the realm of possibilites.

That might also explain why Matt said Austin wasn’t a ‘good person’ but if Austin was killing people, not being a ‘good person’ was putting it nicely.

I continued to think things like that all the way till lunch time, where I discovered that I had given myself a headache from the intensity of my thinking.

Since I wasn’t hungry, I sat down at my usual table without food and simply closed my eyes and rubbed my temples, hoping to think away the headache.

It wasn’t working.

“Carmen, my love!” Lena cried, and I snapped open my eyes to see Kayla, Liam, Lena and Matt sitting down at the table.

They were all grinning broadly, and it made me suspicious.

“What are you all smiling at?” I said, narrowing my eyes at them.

“You.” Liam said, his grin never falling.

“Why?”

“’Cause damn, you’re a sexy bitch.” Lena said, snapping her fingers while she sang loudly, and very off-key, I might add.

I snorted. “Yeah, totally.” I said, rolling my eyes. “But seriously. What’s up with you guys? You look as if you all overdosed on happy pills or something.”

“Wow, you certainly have a way with words,” Liam commented.

“Guys!” I exclaimed, “Stop leaving me in suspense! Spit it out please!” I begged.

“Alright, alright.” Matt said, rolling his eyes.

“We’re just happy that you know about….us. What we are, and who you are,” Matt explained, giving me a bright warm smile.

I widened my eyes. “That’s it?”

“Uh…yeah, that’s about it.” Liam said, nodding his head.

“Carmen, why aren’t you eating?” Kayla asked suddenly, worry etched into her pretty face.

I shrugged, “I’m not hungry.”

“Why not?” Matt asked, also concerned.

“I don’t know,” I said, looking down and drawing imaginary patterns on the lunch table.

“Are you uncomfortable with us?” Liam asked bluntly.

I looked up sharply. “It’s not that,” I assured them, and then I went back to tracing designs on the table top.

I could tell they were all waiting for my explanation, so I bit my lip. “It’s just….I was thinking about what you said.”

Matt arched an eyebrow, confusion sparking in his green eyes.

“You know, the thing about the disappearing kids….” I said, raising my eyebrows, hoping he’d get the hint.

“Oh!” he said, slapping his forehead. “What about it?”

I bit down even harded on my lower lip, thinking. “I just don’t believe it’s true…about him, I mean.”

Everyone understood who I meant when I said ‘him’.

Austin.

Speaking of, I had yet to see him today. Not that I was exactly looking forward to it. Not after finding out what he really is.

Matt shrugged. “Believe it or not, Ripley. I’m pretty sure that’s what’s going on, but there could be another explanation.”

“But if you’re always glaring at them, and hating them, because you think they’re killing people….” I looked up to meet his eyes, “Then why do they hate us?”

Everyone at the table was silent, and I wasn’t quite sure what to make of the silence.

“Well?” I prodded, waiting impatiently for an answer.

Lena shifted uncomfortably, “Well….we think they’re killing people, but they think we are killing people.”

I sat there, thinking it through.

“Well then, I guess neither of us are killing people.” I concluded.

“What do you mean?” Lena asked.

I blinked in surprise. “Isn’t it obvious?”

They all shook their heads at me.

“You guys think they are killing people, because we aren’t. But they think we are killing people, because they aren’t killing people. Obviously, neither of us are actually killing anybody.” I explained, and I realized that my explanation was actually quite confusing.

But everyone seemed to understand so I guess it wasn’t as confusing as I thought it was.

“Damn, I liked thinking they were killing people.” Liam said, snapping his fingers.

Matt sighed, passing a hand over his face. “I’m an idiot.”

I touched his arm, “No, you’re not. You’re just slightly unobservant.” I grinned.

He rolled his eyes. “Thanks.”

“No problem.”

“Hey guys,” Lena said, widening her blue eyes at us while she scolded us. “Kayla just thought of something,” she said, pointing at Kayla.

“Thanks, Lena.” Kayla said, flashing her a grateful smile. “I was just thinking, if we aren’t killing people. And they,” she paused to jerk her thumb over her shoulder towards Austin’s table, “Aren’t killing people.”

Worry flashed in her brown eyes, “Then who is?”

_____________________________________________________________________________

Boom Boom Boom!!!! WHO'S KILLING PEOPLE!??!?! IF ITS NOT THEM. *jerks thumb towards Austin's Table* OR US THEN WHO THE BLEEPING KFG IS!!!!

Picture on the side is Liam :)

WELL VOTE FAN COMMENT ;)

~Codys_Babe