Chapter 44: Kisses?

I tugged anxiously on a strand of my hair since my lip was still busted from Saturday and it hurt to bite it. Austin cast me a sidelong glance, raising his eyebrows at me curiously.

I shook my head as the teacher stood up at the front of the class.

“Alright everyone, you’ve had a bit of a…extension for this project. Much more than you should have so I’m hoping that you got all your projects done,” Mrs. Steel said, looking around the room.

“Miss! We’re not finished!” one group called out. A few more groups called the same thing, and I raised my eyebrows.

“Who here is finished?” Mrs. Steel asked, and Austin and I raised our hands. We looked around the room and found we were the only ones who were finished.

The teacher sighed, “Well, you guys have two options then. You can either present today or present next class when hopefully everyone else will be finished and today you’ll just have a free period.”

“Actually,” Austin  said, smirking at me before glancing back up at the teacher, “We’d like to present today if that’s alright.” {Asshole}

Even though I told myself not to, I bit down on my lip in irritation as I glared at Austin.

“That’s alright, you guys can come right up now,” she said before taking a seat at her desk.

“You haven’t forgotten our little deal, have you?” he asked, smirking at me as we gathered our papers.

“Of course not,” I replied.

“Good, then how about we make it interesting?” he said as we made our way to the front of the class.

“Interesting? How so?” I whispered so no one would hear even though everyone was chatting loudly.

“I’ll tell you later, right now we have an oral to do,” he said.

I groaned internally; I had a sinking feeling I wasn’t going to like this at all.

We stood at the front of the class and within five minutes we were finished our oral. The teacher was beaming proudly at us and Austin was giving me the widest, most satisfied smirk in history.

“Well done, very well done!” the teacher said, taking notes as we took our seats.

“You two deserve the free period today so just enjoy yourselves!” Mrs. Steel said again, and we both nodded as the chatting in class resumed.

I put my papers back into my binder and yawned broadly before folding my arms and resting them on his desk, leaning my head on them as I closed my eyes.

“So, I guess I won the deal,” he said, and just by listening to his voice I could hear he was smirking.