"A stronger dose of Demon blood...let's see if you fight it...or let it consume you."

"Fuck...you!" I yelled standing and running to the cage door. I used my powers to force Valentine backwards, him hitting a pillar of the ship. I smirked tiredly before i felt my whole body collapse.

●♧♧●

I kept punching and punching. Eat punch was a regret i recently hand on loop. Losing my brother...my wife...Clary's Mom not giving to shits about the fact Rena was gone..although it makes sense that heartless bitch didn't care. Rena wasn't her kid after all.

But Magnus? I hope he doesn't arrive in this institute anytime soon. Not when Rena isn't here. Growling to myself, i punched the bag a little harder. It's my fault. I couldn't-

"Alec, are you okay?" And this preppy bitch won't fuck off.

I sighed and rested my head and hands against the punching bag. My knuckles felt sore, as though the skin had split, but i wasn't too worried. Everytime i saw Clary, i saw Rena, and it was going to kill me. I know Jace is my parabatai, my brother...but Rena was my wife. She was a part of me that did truly make me feel irrational and angry all the time without her.

She managed to keep me calm and sane, and i felt the opposite without her. But she was much more than that. That beautiful, loving girl who had lost so much had so much love to give me...and Izzy...and Magnus, and everyone else who made it on her good side.

She was the smart girl with witty responses.

She was the badass with an angel father.

She was the girl that wouldn't back down.

She was the determined girl she had always been, and it had only been ignited more as she had made new friends - me included - along the way.

And then that came crashing down on her, when her real mother shows up...when she finds that Jocelyn was nothing but an Aunt to her...and when her father-figure isn't allowed into the thing she now calls home?

I can see Rena moving out and living with Magnus, and it scared me...would i even be able to go with her if she did?

However, as i turned my head to look to the side, i remembered why i had lost the thing i loved and treasured the most. I remembered why i had lost the one person i had ever fallen so deeply in love with. And all that anger hit me at once.

"Pretty bold of you to show your face here." I spat, not looking at her properly. My arm slightly shielded me from seeing that ugly mug that was Clary. 

"I can explain." Clary said quickly and desperately. I ducked my head and sighed inaudibly, before standing and looking at her properly.

"Unless your explanation can bring Jace and my Rena back, save it." I scowled at her, and she scoffed quietly, as though her little plan hadn't gone to plan. I rolled my eyes and punched the bag once more.

"Alec, Jace is my brother, too." I sighed and stood, breathing heavily as i stepped towards the stupid redhead.

"You barely know him. I grew up with him. I fought by his side. He's my brother, he's my best friend." I began.