Sleep over

"We need to stay with him." Makoto told me. I was holding his hand as we were in the kitchen getting snacks ready. No one else was around. I glanced back. Haru was sitting in his usual spot. He was watching Sosuke and Asashi trying to figure out his TV. The only thing weird was that Ikuya was laughing quietly next to the blue eyed teen.

"He's fine, you know." I pointed out.

"Its Haru." Makoto reminded me. I drew in a deep breath letting it out slowly. He babied him way to much.

"Yeah, it's Haru. Come on Makoto, he's fine. Look at him!" I gestured. Makoto leaned over his face right next to mine as he peeked under the cupboards to look. I pecked a kiss on to his cheek.

"Not here!" He hissed at me. "He isn't fine!" He grouched. "That is not his usual bored, I wanna swim face. He's worried he is being a bad son!" He informed me. I frowned as he drew his hand away from me. I took the almost full tray of snacks into the living room, leaving Makoto to get the drinks. Haru glanced up at me. There was a mark on his face from him leaning on his hand. Ok, so he wasn't technically fine.

After setting the tray down, I decided to mess with him. Haru was always an odd sort. But I could get those eyes to shine when I wanted to. They did seem rather dull tonight. I dropped into his lap. He jerked back as if I scolded him.

"Rin?" He blinked shaking the hair out of his face.

"Momkoto is worried about you." I told him. He sat up straighter.

"I'm fine." He whispered.

"Like hell you are." Sosuke commented. I glanced up.

"Since when can you, of all people, tell when he is fine or not?" I demanded.

"It's obvious. If he was fine, you would be on the floor right now." Sosuke pointed out. I huffed. That was true. Haru was often distracted, but even so I couldn't get away with doing this if he was fine. I huffed.

"Fine." I growled at my best friend.

"Fine!" He snorted back.

"Fine." Ikuya giggled.

"Not fine, I think I broke something." Asashi muttered.

"Give me that!" Haru stood, dumping me on my feet. I just managed to get them under me before he stood up. He smirked at me as he took the remote from Asashi. He pressed some buttons and whatever it was they wanted to watch magically came up on the screen.

"How?" Asahi asked looking puzzled. Haru just set the remote down on top of the TV.

"Want to talk about it?" Sosuke asked, he looked uncomfortable as he gazed at Haru.

"Haru never "talks about it". " I finger quoted the words as I flipped down by the table. Makoto brought out the drinks. He eyed Haru suspiciously.

"That's not true. He just doesn't like talking about things like this with you.." Makoto stated.

"Why not?" I asked scooping up some chips.

"My guess?" Makoto glanced at me with a slight twinkle in his eye. I nodded since my mouth was full. Damn he was hot when he was like this.

"Haru sees you struggle with the absence of your dad. Since his is still alive, he feels that it is not something you want to hear about. So, he doesn't bring it up." Makoto stated.

"Damn don't hold back!" Sosuke grouched. I blinked.

"That can't be it. We..." Asahi indicated himself and Ikuya. "Have parents and he doesn't talk to us about that either." He said.