二十一

Guards Down
気を許す

"Ugh!" Yuta groaned loudly before turning the alarm off. He checked the time and groaned again when he saw it was 11 o'clock. It was a Sunday morning. So he definitely did not set this alarm on his own. Haruna. He internally rebuked his sister for intentionally waking him up.

It had been two weeks since the school festival. The realisation of him having feelings for Sei struck him like a thunderbolt. They did not even properly talk since then.

It was mostly because of Yuta and the rest of the blame went to the shortage of free time they were getting since their upcoming examinations were about to be held very soon.

Yuta was extremely awkward around Sei. He felt like he was guilty of something and she would get to know about that if they talked for too long.

He got up from the bed and headed out of his room after finishing his morning routine to have breakfast and knock some manner into Haruna.

Yuta opened the door to almost close it again when he saw the person, he had expected the least to see on Sunday, in the living room of his own house.

"Sei?" He uttered her name involuntarily. "Yuta-nii!" Haruna and Sei were seated on the floor of their living room with some books and notebooks scattered on the table between them.

"I called Sei onee-chan to help me out with my studies since you never do it." Yuta closed his eyes, massaging his temples. That's why, the alarm, huh? "Haru," he hit her head with his loosely closed fist. "You can't do that." Haruna actually had too much freedom lately.

"We have our exams soon. Sei needs to study her own subjects."

"About that," Sei spoke up, taking out a notebook from her backpack, "I need your help with some problems. I heard that these questions are really important for the exams."

Yuta plopped down on the floor, eyeing her suspiciously. "Aren't you supposed to be the whizz kid?" Sei shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know about being a whizz kid but this part is not clear to me since I did not get the classes on this topic in my previous school."

"Really?" Yuta checked the mathematical problems on her notebook. Those were revised in his school two months ago so it was a little surprising for him that Sei did not know how to solve them.

"Oh come on, just help her with it," Mrs. Nakamoto said, arranging Yuta's breakfast. "But first," she took a pause before saying, "Fix your bed hair."

Yuta quickly grabbed Haruna's cellphone. His jaw dropped as he looked at his reflection on her screen. Sei stifled her laugh. It was bad manner to make fun of someone from whom she was asking for help.

Despite feeling so awkward around her, Yuta readied himself to help her out. It was not an easy task, given that his heart was beating crazily in the cage of his chest. It took them some time to finally get to study after having breakfast and helping out Haruna with her studies.

Sei had come to Yuta's room for the second time. She was fidgeting with the hem of her shirt as he offered her to sit by the desk. He became actually serious when they started solving the problems.

They spent up a lot of time since Sei did not only miss the mathematics classes but also the classes of other subjects. Yuta wrote down some problems on her notebook based on the formulas, he had tutored her and went out to get some snacks for both of them in the meantime.

He returned to his room to see Sei sleeping with her head down on the desk. "How long was I out?" Yuta whispered to himself. She had been having difficulty to keep her eyes open for the past half an hour.

Yuta quietly sat down beside her, dropping his head down on the desk in front of hers to block the sunlight. The crease on Sei's forehead straightened as his head worked as a shade for her eyes.

The black haired male smiled, seeing that his efforts paid off. He then stared at her closed eyes. His long, slender fingers brushed against her tiny ones. The thought to wake Sei up did not cross Yuta's mind for even once.

How can you let your guards down in a guy's bedroom?