His Features
彼の特徴

"Since traditional songs are your forte-" Sei raised her hand, cutting Yashiro's words. "It's not, though," she shook her head, slowly lowering her raised arm when a vein popped on his forehead.

Yumi stifled her laugh, watching Yashiro's failed attempt to make them sing a traditional song on the sports festival. He still kept his calm. "What do you want to play then?" Sei smiled, regaining the confidence to speak.

"I can not sing but I love vocals so I want to pick songs which are more lyrical than instrumental." Yashiro's eyes were squinted the whole time Sei talked. Ryo clicked his tongue, shifting his attention to the conversation from browsing on his laptop.

"Hayashi," he let out a dry chuckle, "Honda wants you to be the center of our band."

Sei blinked in confusion. "Huh?" She pointed herself with her thumb. "But how? It's obvious that the main vocal will be the center." Ryo dragged his chair towards Sei and bent down to meet her eyes. "What can we do when Honda is bored of Sawamura already?"

Umi smacked the back of his head, earning a loud grown out of him, causing Sei to flinch. "Oww-what was that for?"

"Are you acting up because Tadashi is not here?" The girl knitted her eyebrows together while questioning. "What? No! What does Kabe have to do with this?"

Yashiro grimaced in disapproval. "He is our senior and the founder of this band-for the sake of goodness. What is it with calling him Tadashi and Kabe? Call him Kabe senpai."

"You shut that piehole of yours," Umi finally snapped at Yashiro. "Is it true that you want to replace me from the center position? I am the only female vocal in this band."

"You were never the center!" Yashiro pressed his palms on his head, gripping on it tightly to prevent it from bursting. It's all Hayashi's fault. "Kabe senpai is our center and main vocal."

Sei also dropped her head in her hands. All these arguments were the exact reason she did not want to join a club like this. She raised her head and looked out of the window. The soccer club was having a match between themselves.

The brunette rested her chin on the window frame. A smile crept up on her lips as she watched the athletes laughing and celebrating whenever they made a goal. Their faces were not clear to her from where she was but one particular player caught her attention who was exceptionally good at dribbling.

He made the most goals in, till now. His natural control on the ball and the way he made every shot was effortlessly impressive. For some reason, his figure looked very familiar to her. She strained her eyes to recognise him.

"Yuta," Sei accidentally muttered after finally realising. His broad back, wide eyes and laugh that could warm up anyone's heart gave him away. She had to admit that he had features which made him stand out from everyone else.

But the sudden mention of Yuta grabbed their attention. They stopped arguing and looked at Sei. "Let me ask," Yashiro reassured the curious people who were dumbfoundedly standing, widening their eyes. "What did you just say?"

"Uh-" Sei pursed her lips, not knowing how to explain the reason for calling him Yuta. "Did you just say Nakamoto's first name when he is not even here?" He raised a finger. "Wait, are you obsessed with him already?"

Sei's lips parted but she still could not come up with anything to say. She just pointed at the window. "There." They hurriedly tried to watch what Sei was showing to them. "The soccer club is practicing," Umi said.

"Do you not know that Nakamoto is the captain of our soccer team?"

Sei shook her head being surprised. "How can a student of freshman year be the captain?" Yashiro waved his hands. "It's not a big deal in our school. Our last captain was made when he was in the sophomore year and now he is a senior. So he quit the club. Also Nakamoto has been playing soccer since he was five years old. So it's not weird at all for him to be selected as the next captain."

Yashiro gave his best to make sure that Sei was not thinking of it as something big. "Let's continue practicing now," he said, getting a glare from Umi for talking too much.

"I am really sorry," Sei spoke, "I need to go now."