devanté swing | 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐫.

Start from the beginning

"all you motherfuckas' can kiss my ass." Kaliya retorted, opening the door to the classroom, as she held it open for Aaliyah and watched her walk inside, hearing a sly snicker behind her.

"ain't that Professor DeGrate's job?" Cedric snickered under his breath, causing Kaliya to glare at him over her shoulder, as Cedric smirked and tauntingly waved at the woman before walking into his class, making Kaliya smack her lips under her breath before closing the classroom door behind her.

"i see somebody's finally joining us, huh?" recognizing the nasal and deep voice, Kaliya secretly rolled her eyes and she looked up, seeing the person she despised the most at the moment.

Professor DeGrate looked at Kaliya with a raised brow as he stood at the smart-board, seemingly teaching the class. despite him being a professor, he looked young and definitely around his 20s due to his little facial hair. his eyes were hazel with a small mixture of green, his lips were pink, plump, and looked so soft, and his hair was sectioned off into a few twists. Professor DeGrate dressed formally, a basic white dress shirt and black dress pants on his lanky body, but on most days he dressed casually in a t-shirt and a pair of jeans.

despite Kaliya thinking the man was attractive, he was a pain in her ass - just like she stated before. he was on her the hardest out of all her students and it ticked her off. he'd always call her out in front of the class whenever she was doing something wrong and he'd always picked on her to answer questions when he knew she wasn't paying attention. he liked to tease her any chance he got, and it pissed Kaliya off because she was always his victim.

"well, i'm here now. that's all that should matter." Kaliya shrugged lowly, making her way up towards her seat, as some messy students snickered and Aaliyah covered her mouth to conceal her smile, her eyes flickering between Professor DeGrate and Kaliya while she waited for another exchange of words.

"this is class time, you don't just show up when you feel like it," Professor DeGrate scolded the woman, making Kaliya lowly smack her lips while she took her seat beside Aaliyah, "make sure to stay back when class ends. we need to talk."

Kaliya nearly groaned out loud at his words and she quickly caught herself as she looked down at her professor, who was glaring at her before he turned around and went back to teaching. Aaliyah stifled a laugh and she looked over at Kaliya, watching her eyes meet hers before she rolled them for the millionth time.

"you po' thing. and this our last class of the day. he a hoe for that." Aaliyah whispered, making Kaliya scoff under her breath while she discreetly nodded her head.

"you motherfuckin' right, 'Liyah. he gotta have somethin' against me 'cause why he ain't say that to you if we came in at the same time? but that's cool. see you after class, Mr. DeGrate."

♡︎

"i can't believe i gotta deal with Sparky and that deformed roach all by myself 'cause you gotta stay in here." Aaliyah huffed, referring to Dalvin and Cedric, as she packed up her things and Kaliya released a laugh, slinging her bag over her shoulder while Aaliyah did the same.

"i'm sorry, boo. i'll come back to y'all as quick as i can after... after whatever the fuck this shit 'posed to be." Kaliya muttered the last part underneath her breath and Aaliyah snickered, covering her mouth to suppress a loud cackle while they walked down the aisle of all the seats.

"see you later, twin." Aaliyah smiled, hugging the girl, as Kaliya smiled and hugged her back, watching her walk towards the classroom door.